Chapter 02

How long has it been since I've arrived to this lesson?! It feels like years have been passing by. Why is this lesson so boring? Usually Miss Boustiáre makes her lessons so interesting.

"Now, students, I want you to know that the school will be hosting their second ever fancy ball-"

Fancy ball? FANCY BALL?!

The whole class and Miss stared at me. I gave them an awkward laugh, I said that out loud, didn't I?

"Ha! Mari-nette Dupain Cheng! Does not know what a ball is?!" Chloe sniggers.

Chloe has been the same as ever and I've always been waiting for the day she will decide to change her behavior. I look down then at the teacher and I sit back down again trying to erase what just happened as my cheeks flushed a bright red.

"As I was saying." Miss says, continuing with a smile. "The ball will be in 3 days. So you will all have time to plan what to wear and-"

I put my hand up, still confused as to why we even need to have a ball. "Ooph! Ooh! Ooh!"

I waved my hand up until she got annoyed.

"Yes, Marinette?"

"Why do we need the ball? What's the point?"

"Since it's nearly a few months before the summer vacation, we wanted to treat our students. Also there are some separate events that will be taking place and the money that you use to pay for these events will go to charity."

"Wow!" I say.

I feel something hit my elbow hard, I look at what it was and it was Alya.

"What was that for?" I ask whilst rubbing my elbow with my right hand to get rid of the pain.

"Because.." She whispers with excitement, "Because you'll get to dance with Adrien!"

I immediately drop my head down to look at my desk, feeling strange about this, I may be able to dance with him or not.. But it feels like something wrong will happen during the ball. What.. What is this feeling?

"Hey!" I hear Alya's calming voice that makes me look at her. "Don't worry, me and Nino will be there!"

I nod but with no smile. I stand up and look at the teacher.

"Miss!"

She looks at me with slight worry. "Marinette? Is there something wrong?"

"Could I.." My voice changed from happy to sad. "Could I go to the bathroom?"

It seemed like she could tell that my mood, my happiness, my smile just ran away for a bit.

"Okay, go on."

I grab my backpack and run to the bathroom. I enter the room and lock the toilet's door. I open the two clips of my purse and my smile appeared.

 I open the two clips of my purse and my smile appeared