- Chapter 16 -

I woke up in the middle of the night sweated, hardly breathing. I was having a nightmare in which suddenly I was into a train, back home. Jade had just arrived to the platform when my train left so I could not hug her or tell her a proper good-bye. And I was crying and screaming, hitting the glass of the window and feeling powerless.

Thank God I woke up. Because I was sweating a lot and I felt my pyjama sticking to my skin, I got up and got into the shower. I just washed my body though; I was definitely not washing my hair at 3am. Soon the cold water started running down my body and I felt somewhat relieved, when soon it hit me: yes, I was still in Brighton, not far away from Jade and I still would be here a couple more weeks. But then I would be leaving, not only this city or this country; I would be leaving the damn continent.

However, I didn't let that bother me at the moment and soon as the heat left and I was starting to freeze I left the shower, put a clean pyjama on, changed the case of my pillow and went back to bed.

My alarm sounded less than four hours later. Meh. Why did Cindy have to go to a summer school? That meant waking up early all the summer. After snoozing the alarm 5 times I woke up, got dressed and headed downstairs. The nightmare was still in my head, as I didn't remember what I dreamt after the shower. All the time while we were having breakfast, on our way to Cindy's school... I could just relive the dream once and once again, being in that train not able to say anything else to Jade, feeling powerless and guilty... so as soon as I said good-bye to Cindy, I called Jade.

Jade: hello babe, what is up?

Perrie: well it may sound silly but I had a nightmare tonight in which I was in the train leaving back home and I couldn't say good-bye to you

Jade: OMG that is terrible! Trust me I will not let that happen

Just hearing Jade's voice made everything better. The problem was, I honestly had no clue how to tell her I had been accepted in Miami. When we were talking about universities few weeks ago, I just mentioned the one in New Castle because Miami was like my last option and I never thought I would get in. But I did. I had talked about it with my mum the night before and, seeing I got rejected in all the other schools, it was this or nothing. However, I had made my mind: I wanted to go. It was a nice opportunity to learn to live on my own, meet new people... plus I had seen the campus on the web and it was so pretty! So it would be my new home really soon and I still had not talked to Jade about it.

- You there? – suddenly I heard Jade asking from the other side of the line

I was lost in my thoughts and she brought me back to reality

- Yes sorry – I said – look... - I added. I had to tell her

- What's up? – she asked and I could tell how she sounded a bit worried

- Can we meet? I... I have to tell you something – I said, trying not to sound so deep

- Sure - she said

I had to tell her in person. We decided to meet later for coffee, because Cindy today had an excursion with the school to the pool and she wouldn't be back until 5pm.

I was getting ready. Jade was coming to the house at 3pm, as there would not be anyone here by that time besides me, so we would be able to talk properly. I was putting mascara on when my phone beeped. It was a text from Jade: "hey gorgeous, I'm so bored and have nothing to do with my life so I'm already on my way, hope you don't mind it!" Shit, I was half-ready. I didn't have to put much effort, at the end, we weren't leaving the house, but at the same time I wanted to look as if I hadn't tried, even if I did.

As she had said, she arrived early, like 15 minutes early. Luckily, since I read her text I started to go faster and had time to make myself look presentable.