- Chapter 3 -

I was lying on bed. In half an hour I had to go to pick Cindy up. I was wondering if I would see Jade, even though deep inside I knew I probably wouldn't as she was not Maggie's mum.

Even if I just talked with Jade for like 10 minutes, she had been on my mind the whole day. God, she was beautiful. I thought many times about texting her but I didn't really know what to tell her. Even though she had told me we could meet for a coffee or whatever, I felt like it was a little too soon, or, actually, I didn't want her to think that I was being quite fast as I had just met her that morning. Ugh. I always had trouble with this, over thinking everything.

Bringing this (or trying to) at the back of my head, I started to get ready to go pick Cindy up. I went downstairs and cleaned the mug I used to drink some coffee and then I just put my shoes, grabbed my bag with the keys, my phone and some pocket tissues (they are always handy) and then left.

I was walking calmly (as it was still early so I didn't need to rush), with my headphones and listening to music when I realized something: I had Jade's number, but she didn't have mine. So if I didn't start a conversation, clearly she never would. Well shit. I decided to say "hi, it's Perrie" or something like this so she could save my number. I grabbed my iPhone, opened the iMessage up and after looking for her into my contacts, I found her and then started typing "Hello! It's Perrie, Cindy's nanny. I was just texting you so you have my number as well" and I sent it.

I had just saved my phone into my pocket again when suddenly I got a notification. Wow, she was fast replying. I read it and instantly smiled "Hi Perrie! It's cool to have your number! It's been so nice meeting you!" . Okay, luckily to me, she was not a shy girl. She was the one who asked me my phone number so I guess it should be me the one to do something the next time.

I finally reached the school and saw Cindy and Maggie together, waiting outside the school just next to the stairs that led to the front door.

As soon as Cindy saw me, she came running and hugged me. I was happy she trusted me without knowing me even for a full day.

- Hi! How was your day? – I asked going down bending my knees to get to her height

- It was really fun! - she said with a really cute laugh

As I was listening to Cindy, I saw Maggie running more or less to my direction and hugging someone. I guess that would be her mum. She was a young tall girl, with blue eyes and brown hair. She was really pretty.

- Hi, so you're Maggie's mum? – I said walking to her direction

- Yes – she said smiling – you're Cindy's new nanny? – she asked as we shook hands

- Yes I am – I answered smiling as well – I met Jade this morning – I commented her

- Oh yes! She brings Maggie to school very often, as I struggle a bit sometimes to make my schedule work – she told me

- I understand – I said happy that I may would see Jade more often than I thought – I'm Perrie, by the way – I added, as I hadn't introduced myself to her yet

- Nice to meet you! I'm Claire – she introduced herself

I walked with her and the kids to the parking lot and after saying good-bye me and Cindy left. We walked home and through all the way Cindy explained me everything she had done that day. Considering the fact that at the morning we barely said a word, I guess I could call that progress.

As soon as we got home I saw Amber's car parked. I opened the door and Amber came to greet us. Cindy explained her all she had done at school and then she also explained her mum how I met Maggie, Claire and Jade. Then Cindy went upstairs to her room and Amber told me I could rest now she was back home.