Part 38: Hero or Zero

Hayden's POV

I knew I'd passed out after that bastard decided to send a shit ton of electricity coursing through my wounded self. Again. For the umpteenth time in the past 3 days. Like that wasn't bad fucking enough. 

I know doctors were supposed to be good and all, but this guy seriously knew how to torture. Fuck. I groaned quietly, not wanting to alert everyone that I was already awake. I seriously need to get out soon, I'm not sure how long I'd last. And I did not want to give this guy the satisfaction of breaking. I'd sooner die and that just might be the case at this rate...

It really wasn't any better, that, they left the door open so that I could hear the noises he and who I supposed was Sang? were making. And that really didn't sound very humane nor pleasurable. Jesus Christ. I yanked harder at my restraints. My wrists were bleeding and raw by now. But I really was desperate. And not to mention a little worried that the boys hadn't shown up yet. Did something happen to them? Were Raven, Sean, Brandon and the others okay? What was happening? It was driving me nuts with anger and fear. I really didn't want to face Phil and his depraved ways any longer. 

He'd taken to abusing Sang and occasionally Kaylie in front of me over the last few days. If the acts were intimate I'd be uncomfortable enough, but there was no love there. Just a power play. An abuse. And if I didn't watch, well then, another turn of the dial. Honestly, there were times I'd pick the dial so that I'd sink into the darkness of unconsciousness.

An ear-splitting scream shook me out of my thoughts. I jerked, eyes shooting about. I heard angry shouting and a loud thud. Glass broke. "Was it my boys? Could I even let myself think of that?" I thought to myself. I stiffened when Sang appeared in the doorway covered in blood, eyes red and her hair stringy. "Sang...." I trailed off cautiously, pulling harder at my restraints. It was one thing to die by torture another thing to die by this bitch's hand entirely. I got ready to topple the chair if she decided to attack me. I wouldn't escape per say, but it would buy some time.

I stilled when instead of advancing she let out a loud sob. "H-he...hurt Kaylie. She's hurt real b-bad. Please." She sobbed. 

"The boys c-an help. The Academy can help. You just need to give me a phone, Sang.." I said slurring slightly, gathering my energy. Frankly, I didn't even think I could walk out of the room, after everything that had happened to me. But I couldn't let Sang of all people know that. She'd bail faster than a rabbit.

She shook her head. "There are no communication devices on this level of the building. Phil warded against all s-signals. It's a-n in-invisible room."

My brain felt sluggish and I barely kept up with her words. She could see this. She held my shoulders, "If I get you out, the boys will help Kaylie right?" I barely nodded. "Haydee, I need to have you-r p-promise I can't lose Kaylie. I won't. Not after everything. "

"I promise, Sang." I murmured. She steeled herself, her eyes hardening "Kay, doesn't have much time left. I'll need your help. Wait here."

I rolled my eyes as she left the room, "Yes, Sang, because I totally can escape from my restraints" I thought sarcastically. Black spots dotted my vision, my knife wound was still throbbing and my head hurt. Whatever she was doing better be a damn miracle. 

She ran back in, panting. "When we had no energy, practically nothing, that..man would inject us with this. At first, I didn't know what it was, but it should be fine for you. And I don't have time for anything else, so here goes." Before I could say anything, she brandished a huge syringe and stabbed it into my heart.

I felt...ALIVE. I shot up with a gasp, feeling more energized than I had in what felt like forever. "Yeah don't rip your wrists off. Let me get  you out..." She mumbled, clicking off the restraints with practiced ease.