Chapter 11: Unpleasant Surprise(s)

This chapter might contain some gory scenes, if you're like sensitive to that, don't read the chap, at the end I'll do like a brief summary of what happened so you're all caught up :)

Pic is how I imagine Hayden to look before her match. just with her hair braided and the outfit different :)

Hayden's POV

As I left the Stahl-Korba parking lot, I sent a short text to Plank telling him I'd be there soon and to line up matches for me to last the night. I'd never felt this worked up since that incident. It had taken be a good dozen matches before I vaguely felt like myself again. I almost felt sorry for the guys I'd be pitted against tonight. 

I bought my favorite cookies and cream milkshake from a home-y little diner, a few blocks away from X-Club called Sal's. I'd be needing it to get my blood sugar high later on after the matches. I parked nearby to Sal's and noticed a lovely grey BMW pulling in behind my baby Bug as I walked to X-Club.

I chose to park here as the neighbourhood around X Club was notorious for car jacking and I loved my Bug too much for that. And Sal was open till late, always, so he'd keep an eye on my car for me. Worth those heavy tips I give him for the amazing milkshakes.

It was an eventful day and North and Brandon just brought back memories I had fought so hard to forget. I was doing good, doing well for myself. 

I changed in a nearby toilet and did my 'Hades' persona makeup before walking into the club. The bouncer gave me a nod of acknowledgement and I nodded back, carrying my medi-bag. 

Plank gave me a whistle when he saw me. ''Baby they don't know what's gonna hit them''

I wore a red strapless crop with a red leather jacket which I'd toss to the side when the fight started

I wore a red strapless crop with a red leather jacket which I'd toss to the side when the fight started. My fitted blood red pants were designed to give me total flexibility and agility even though I wore pants. My hands were encased in match gloves so that a) I could punch with added impact and b) protect my hands from bruised knuckles that would be difficult to hide especially from nosey reporters.

My opponents didn't care, 'cause they always believed that they had the upper hand being a man and everything. Psh. 

''There isn't anyone injured as of right now, so you can head on straight to the rings. You've got dibs on the first match of the night'' Plank informed me, gently pulling me towards the rings.

I caught sight of Wendigo talking to one of the club's managers,Josh. I nudged Plank. ''What's he doing here? Wasn't he banned?''

''Yeah, but his temporary ban ended like a couple days ago. Father won't bar him permanently, he rakes in a good portion of our profits'' Plank admitted apologetically.  I understood where Rob was coming from even if I didn't agree with it.

''Whatever, I can handle him if he's in the ring with me.'' I scoffed, returning the glare Wendy was sending me.

The club was strangely abuzz with some kind of anticipative energy. Something was going on, something I didn't know of, yet. I asked Plank about it and he said they were just excited to see me.