Chapter 6: There are intruders in the office!

Hayden's car above!

Hayden's POV

Yikes, Wolf really did a number on me a those many nights ago. Sure I had won, barely. But damn. My ribs were cracked I'm 95% sure. I had beautiful shiner covering my entire left cheek which made me let down my hair and drape it over my left shoulder in a bid to hide it the past few days. My lip was split but luckily it was less noticeable now.

I had been snappy previously 'cause I was in pain. But today I was beyond irritated. I was to meet some journalists in the afternoon to maintain and hopefully polish the image that I'd been painstakingly cultivating for Axe-Blackbourne Industries. But nooooo.

Things can't be seamless. Imbeciles have to exist. And I'd be to blame if I couldn't deliver the right information at the right time. I parked in the building's underground parking and I slammed the door of my baby Bug and stormed towards the building. Why couldn't the Board just send me the latest reports! Why hadn't the secretary bothered to ring me at least fo-

Wait.

I turned, walked back to my Bug and rubbed her door soothingly.

''I'm sorry Buggy I still love you'' I whispered.

I heard muffled giggles which sent my head shooting up looking for the sound. My eyes zoomed in on a gorgeous blond curly haired man in his mid twenties covering his mouth with his hand. Seeing as how it was almost 10am, most workers were already in the office, leaving this guy to be the only one in the vicinity.

I narrowed my eyes, ''You didn't see or hear anything did you?'' Damn this handsome clown. Laughing at me while I'm freaking out over missing documents. Jeez was I the only person interested in keeping the company afloat? Couldn't have him running his mouth about the psycho PR lady whispering to her car.

While I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't see the cherub approach me till it was too late. Instinctively I reached out and slammed him against my bug with my forearm against his throat and my knee between his legs.

He choked and lifted his hands in surrender. ''Whoaa Boo I'm not going t-''

''Sean!!'' A voice came from behind.

Shit, I didn't see anyone else earlier, he must've been looking for the cherub-Sean.

I let cherub go and he sunk to the ground getting back his breath.

''I'm fine Axe, it was my fault'' he wheezed

 I turned and faced the newcomer, a native looking, also gorgeous with his almond eyes and strong cheekbones and- YIKES, right, focus.

I crouched defensively in instinct before the pain in my ribs brought me back to reality and I realized I might've overreacted. I studied the new guy and the cherub. Both were immaculately dressed with new boy wearing a simple muscle tee with a blazer and jeans to keep it professional. Cherub wore a white coat over his purple button down and jeans  making him look even more angelic. Aren't cherubs less clothed thou- bad road, bad road, turn back ,turn back!

I scowled at the duo who were now standing before me .They were studying me intently and the I cut them off before they could even speak ''Don't y'all have jobs to do? It's 'cause people like you roam around at these important hours that stuff go missing and I don't get my reports on time'' I ranted before turning and walking towards the lift. Gods Hayden that was so irrelevant a rant I chided myself. 

I pressed the close button repeatedly before either could make it to the lift.

Now not only was I more irritated but flustered too.