~6~ Michael is his name, Winning is my game

Chapter 6 – Michael is his name winning is my game

 It was Tuesday and Sunday and Monday just flew by, well Sunday I just sat around slouching, cooking Sunday dinner with my mother and watching films all day.

 Monday was an inset and Lena came over to have lunch then I went over hers because her grandma was down and was baking cookies and when Lena said they were the best ever I didn’t believe her until I had one. They were amazing and I took some home to my mum and she loved them too.

 But now it was Tuesday and it was 3rd lesson which was Maths and after this I was determined to face up to the blonde shaggy hair dude. I was constantly watching the clock the whole time in class. We were supposed to be going through a booklet about algebra.

I was staring at him, he didn’t notice me but Lauren did, “dude” she says.

 “Yeah” I say.

 “What’s your problem with that guy?” she asks.

 “Nothing” I say looking away from him and looking at her.

 "Course it’s nothing, you’ve been staring at him for the past half an hour” she says.

 “So what, he’s hot” I say.

 “He’s also weird” she says.

 "How you know”

 “Well he keeps himself to himself and he doesn’t come to school when it’s sunny and it’s just not right” she says.

 “But what if I like that about him” I say.

 “Well-“she says not carrying on with what she was going to say.

 She looks down to her book and carries on with the equations, I look up at him and he’s looking at me I smile and put my head down in embarrassment.

 I finished off my equations and close the booklet, put my pencil case in my bag and stand up as the bell goes. I push my chair under the table and walk out the room.

 “Chlo” I hear Lauren call. I turn my head sharpish.

 “Yeah” I reply.

She walks over to me and says “I’m sorry about couple of minutes ago”

 “That’s alright some people have different opinions” I say.

 “But I hope it goes well when you confront him”

 “Thank-you” I say hugging her “I’ll meet you a bit later”.

      I make my way up to the Library to look for a science revision book and a book to read in my spare time.

 When I get up there, I go off in the isles to look for a good and interesting book to read. I scan through shelves looking for a certain book to read.

 I see the book I want and then grab for it but someone else must be trying to get it from the other side too because I couldn’t quite get it and there was only one copy. I walk around the other side and there was no one there and the book was gone so I walk around the other side again and I walk into someone.

 “Oh, I’m sorry there, didn’t see where I was going” someone said from behind the book I wanted to read.

 “It’s okay, but I wanted to read that book” I say.