CHAPTER ONE: FALLING FOR THE BOSS IS BAD NEWS

Start from the beginning

"Hello Vianna?"

"Fatima!" she exclaimed and giggled.

"What? You're too happy. Did something good happen?" I asked, giggling myself.

"My boss needs a new secretary and I told him about you and guess what?"

"What?" feeling excited myself.

"I recommended you and he wants to see you today, like ASAP," she blurted out.

I covered my mouth in disbelief.

"Are you serious? Wait, aren't you his secretary? Ohh, you got a promotion?" I asked as I sat on the floor.

"Ahh, hehe, uhm, I got the memo wrong again, so he politely asked me to vacate the position and just work at the Production Department. I really don't mind it. Mr. Isaac Khalid is too indimidating but kind, two contradicting qualities that can make anyone extra careful, extra shy, and extra nervous. I think the production team will be better for me," she lengthily answered.

"Ohh I see, wait, when do I have to meet him?"

"After you eat and pray?" she asked.

"Okay, hey what did you tell him about me?"

"It doesn't matter. I think you and him will make a perfect pair at work because you're both perfect," she teased.

I just shook my head.

"Okay, I will see you there in an hour, bye," I said, dismissing the memory of how I first felt when Vianna showed to me an internet article about her boss. The only thing that my mind thought of back then was, "What a catch."

Mr. Isaac Khalid is one of the country's bachelors. He's 30 and he owns a Book Production Company called Writeworthy Inc. His company is well – sought of by bookstores locally and internationally. TV stations and film companies also bid for his copyright of famous authors in the country.

To be honest, it was my goal to be one of his clients. I wanted my writing skills to be put into good used and Writeworthy has been producing and reproducing worthwhile Islamic books. So far, he only has one Islamic fiction story and writer that he worked on. It's called The Unloved Wife, produced by a famous female writer who passed away fifteen years ago. I even bought the book myself, because it was honestly good and quench my thirst of hoping that true love does exist.

Okay Fatima, snap out of it. Pray and get ready for the interview that might change your life for the better.

****************************************************************************************************

Isaac's POV

I arrived back at my office at 1:30, after praying at the masjid. My phone instantly rang and I didn't have a choice but to answer it as Vianna already took the day off before telling me that her friend, Fatima will be here soon.

"Hello Sir, this is Abigail of Reception, a certain Fatima Maryam is here to see you but no appointments have been made. Shall I send her to your floor?" the voice on the other line said.

"Send her in," I told her.

After hanging up the phone call, I directed my eyes towards the laptop and studied the project proposal for free adult books for single Muslims. In less than five minutes, I hear a knock on my door and my bodyguards outside escorted a veiled woman inside my office.

She was wearing an abaya with yellow veil. She had glasses on that did not invade most of her face. She has a white soft face and her long – bridged nose matched her jawline. She smiled at me confidently before speaking.