Chapter Forty-Three: Safe

Clarke's POV:
    It was just after Lexa gave the order for Roan to die by five hundred and twenty cuts. They tied him to a tree right outside the gate. Lexa looked at McKinley.
    "McKinley, you have the first cut," Lexa said.
     McKinley looked at Lexa then Roan and walked up to him.
     "Dollface," He said.
     I rolled my eyes and ripped his shirt off.
     "They are never going to forgive you. They will always look at you like a traitor. You will be an outcast. They don't trust you," Roan said.
      "That's where you are wrong. I don't know if you know this but on the Ark, I was the spoiled little princess that got everything she wanted but as I grew older, I saw how our government treated some of the other families and I didn't like it. So I started to steal and give back to them. I gained the trust. Stuff happened and I got locked up and then sent down here but down here? We have their backs down here. So maybe they don't trust me now but I will do everything in my power in order to gain their trust back. I may or may not get all their trust back but know this my people are nothing like yours. So don't compare them," She asked cutting deep into his stomach.
       He grunted at the pain but head his head up. She gave the sword to Lexa and walked back into camp.
       "Whose next?" Lexa asked. 
      After five hundred and nineteen cuts, Lexa takes the final blow. She stabs it into his heart and pulls it out and I reached Roan's head fall.
        "Yu gonplei ste odon," She said.
        I have never seen someone last that long. Lexa walked back and drops the sword.
       "Take him down and do whatever with him," Lexa said.
       The guards walk up to the tree and his body drops to the ground with a loud thud. I turned and walked back into camp and into the mess hall.
       "Have you seen Jasper?" Monty asked walking up to me
       "Not since yesterday. Have to check the dropship?"
       "I will go check,"
       "Take Murphy with you," I said.
       He nods and walked out.
       "Is he dead?" McKinley asked walking up to me.
       "Yes,"
       "I don't know if you hate me or not but I just want to apologize for everything,"
       "It's fine McKinley. You warned us, that makes it up," I said.
       "Sooo your mom and my dad?"
       "Crazy right? Who would've known,"
       "Exactly. I mean I'm glad they are happy but they always clashed heads," She laughed as she sat down at the table in front of me.
       I laughed as well. It felt good to genuinely laugh at something.
       "Kind of like you and me but now look," I said.
       "So true,"
       "You work things out with Raven and Gina?" I asked.
       "Raven, yes. Gina, no. I don't know her so I'm not gonna look for her. When she apologizes to me, I will apologize to her," She said.
      I blame her for nothing seeking her out. A girl she doesn't even know lied about her boyfriend hooking up with some other girl.
      "Don't blame you,"
      I looked towards the door and saw Lexa talking to Kane. I don't know what it is about her but drawn to her. For the longest time, I couldn't trust her but she's proven she is trustworthy and is she beautiful. That long brown hair, those brown eyes and when she smiles that smile that makes her heart race.
       "Do you trust her?" McKinley asked
       "Huh?"
       "Lexa,"
       "She came to our aid, didn't she?"
       "I guess you're right. She did. Soo have any of you made a move?
       "What?"
       "Don't lie. I see the way you look at her. Yours captured by her. You deserve to be happy to Clarke. Go get her," McKinley said.
        "I killed over three hundred people McKinley. Some of the where innocent. Innocent children. I don't deserve to be happy,"
         "Clarke, it wasn't just you who pulled the lever. Bellamy did too. Lexa left you right outside of Mount Weather. Those deaths are on her too. What you did save our people. They didn't give you a choice Clarke. They were gonna keep taking our bone marrow til we were all dead. Clarke, you are one of the people who deserve to be happy. Now go get the girl you're so in love with," She said her to get up from the table.
        I watched her walk over to where Bellamy was, kiss him on the cheek and wrapped her arms around his waist while he wrapped one around her back.
        I guess she's right. After all, I've been through I do deserve happiness. I got up from the table and walked over to where Lexa was still talking to Kane.
       "Are you guys about done? I need to talk to Lexa alone," I asked.
        Kane smiles.
        "She's all yours,"
        Not yet. But soon.
       "Follow me," I said walking down the corridor to where my room was.

       "Whatever this is," I said pointing at both of us. "I would like it to continue,"
        "Really? Is that really what you want?"
        I walked up closer to her,  grabbed her shirt and pulled her closer to me. I moved so close to her that our lips were almost touching.
        "We both deserve happiness and if they mean us being together then so be it,"
         She smiled and closes the distance between our lips. It didn't take long for the kiss to intensify. I reached for the bottom of her shirt to take it off and then I did the same and pushed her on to the bed.
       "Are you sure?" She asked.
       "Definitely,"

      I woke up on the ground in the woods, I sat up and looked around. There was no one around me.
    "Lexa?"
    No answer.
    "Mom?"
    No answer.
   "Kane? Bellamy? McKinley?"
   No answer.
   I stood to my feet and started to walk around but I had no idea where I am or which was the camp. I don't know how far I walked back but eventually, I started smelling fire, I crept up on whoever it was and saw that his back was facing me.
       "Excuse me?"
      He turned around and I took a step back. His face was gone.    
     "You're next!"
     Then he let out this horrifying laughter.
      "Clarke! Wake up!" I heard someone said shaking me.
      I opened my eyes and saw that it was Lexa shaking me.
     "What?"
     "You were having a nightmare,"
     "It-It was awful. There-There was this man he had no face-"
      "It's okay, you're safe now," She said holding me close.
      I have a feeling no one is.