Chapter Nine: Who we are & who we have to be

The storm was over and I walked outside and saw that the storm destroyed the wall. I saw Clarke walking looking around with the nail in her hand.
      "We'll get it cleaned up,"
      "I wish this was the only mess we had to clean up,"
      "Clarke, look who we are and who we have to be to survive is two different things," I said.
      I turned my head and saw the blonde hair guy talking to McKinley.
     "Yeah, he's over there asking her out,"
     "Do you know her answer?"
     "I think it was a yes,"
     My heart twisted more than it did earlier, I walked away and started to help with building the wall again.
   McKinley's POV:
     "Hey have you guys seen Bellamy?"
     We had finally rebuilt the wall and people were separating these berries to store since winter was coming in soon.
     "No. His tent maybe,"
     I thanked them and walked to his tent and without thinking I opened it and saw Bellamy laying with the same girl as before.
     "Oh shit. Sorry, I didn't know Bellamy wasn't alone," I said walking out
      "Bellamy in there?" Clarke asked.
      "Yea so is a naked girl,"
      "I don't care," She said walking in there.
      --
    I was sitting in my tent when I heard a bunch of ruckuses outside, I walked outside and the berries were almost gone and people were going crazy. Jasper is fighting something imaginary with a stick while others I don't even know.
      "You're the most beautiful broom in a broom closet full of brooms," I heard Raven say.
      "You didn't eat the berries did you?"
       "A couple, why?"
      "The berries made them go crazy,"
       "So they're tripping?"
       "Basically,"
      "That's probably why Ollie asked me on a date,"
      "Really? What'd you say?"
     "I said no. We have more important things to deal with and plus I didn't even know the dude. Are Bellamy and Clarke back yet?"
      "No,"
      My father told Bellamy and Clarke that there is an old military bunker with guns and ammunition and food, so we can make it through winter.
      "Okay,"
      "Why?"
      "Cause it's getting dark and not to mention all of this is happening,"
     "Or is it because of something more?" Finn asked coming out of the tent.
      "Glad you're feeling better Finn and what do you mean? Something more?" I asked.
      "Do you like him more than a friend?"
       "I honestly don't know. I've never even thought of it with everything that's going on,"
      "I think you do. You stood by his side even though you didn't agree with what he was doing or when Octavia and him were arguing, and he needed someone," Raven said.
      The more I thought about it the more I realized that I did like Bellamy.
     "The grounder is gone," Miller yelled.
At that moment, the gate open and Bellamy and Clarke came in dropping guns and ammo on the ground.
      "It's okay, let them come," Bellamy said.
      "Only people who have guard duty will have access to this. We do not have any ammo to spare and of course Bellamy and I have access to guns as well,"
     Bellamy said picking up one of the guns.
     He looked kinda shaken up about something. The people who were on guard duty picked up the guns and went back to watching outside the gate. Bellamy looked straight at me and then walked to his tent.
       "Clarke, what's up with Bellamy?"
       "Go ask him," She said.
       I walked over to his tent and cautiously opened it up and to my luck, there was no girl but Bellamy was shirtless.
     "Look, Princess, you aren't gonna get access to those guns. I know you're gonna fight me about it but the answer is no," Bellamy said without looking at me.
      "How'd you know it was me?" I asked.
      "I just figured it was," He said turning around.
      "Are you okay?"
      "Yes,"
      "You sure?"
      "Yes dammit,"
      I was taken aback by that.
      "Okay I'm sorry for being concerned," I said backing up out of the tent but Bellamy grabbed my arm.
     "Princess," Bellamy said. "Look, you have a boyfriend, I don't want another fight within the camp to start," He added.
      "Boyfriend? What boyfriend?"
      "Clarke said Ollie asked you out and you said yes,"
      "Clarke heard wrong. I said no,"
       "Did you?"
       "Yes,"
       He looked like he was thinking about something then was hesitating.
      "Whatever it is you can tell me," I said walking to him and placing my hand on his cheek.
     He leans into my hand and puts his hand on top of mine.
      "The guy that I made the deal with to kill Jaha, made a deal with someone at this camp to kill me, so I wouldn't snitch on him. He would've succeeded if it wasn't for Clarke,"
      "I'm sorry," I said as he pulled me into a tight hug.
      "Bellamyyy," I heard a girl said, and she walked into his tent.
      "Oh I'm sorry," She said.
     "I'll leave. Come find me later, and we'll talk," I said walking away.
       Bellamy grabs my hand to stop me.
       "No. McKinley you stay. You go," He said to the girl.
      The girl starts to argue but Bellamy let go of my hand and pushed her out.
      "Did you just use McKinley? I thought you would only use my hand if you cared about me?"
      "At first you annoyed the crap out of me. You didn't listen. You were stubborn. You drove me nuts. But today when you didn't fight me about not going with me and Clarke to get the guns. It made me realize how much I appreciate that stubbornness you have. It might make me go nuts but I don't want you to lose it. How you stood by my side when I told you about Jaha, when I couldn't find my sister, when dealing with the grounder. All I know is that I don't ever want you not be my side. You were beside me makes being down here so much better," Bellamy said.
       I just stood there, speechless. I didn't know what to say.
      "Say something,"
      "You don't have to worry about me not being by your side. I'll be by your side no matter what," I said placing my hand on his cheek again.
      He looked at me, and he started to lean down and I started to lean up.
      "How is everything in here?" Jasper asked coming in.
     "Great," Bellamy said annoyed. Jasper looked at the way we were situated and his eyes opened wide. "I'm sorry,"
        I started to laugh but Bellamy lift my face up to look at him, and he kisses me with so much force that it knocks me back a little. I kissed back. He smiled and I smiled back.
       "So I'm guessing you feel the same as I do?" Bellamy asked.
      "Yes," I said kissing him again.