Chapter Thirty-Eight: Thirteenth Clan

Instead of running to Azgeda's capital, I ran towards an Azgeda village that was further into the territory. Once I got there, I was greeted by bows, arrows, and swords.
      "Put your weapons down," I heard someone say.
      I saw Ontari walking up to me.
      "Thank God, where's Roan?"
      "Polis,"
      "Still?"
      "Where have you been? Roan's been looking for you,"
      "Skaikru took me away right before the challenge started. So I couldn't defend the Queen," I said.
       "Why didn't you come back sooner?"
       "They tied me down. I had to play along as if I broke my loyalty with Azgeda which I didn't to escape,"
       "Why did you go to Azgeda capital?"
       "That would be the first place they would look for me," I said.
       "Roan is looking for you. We must take you to him," Ontari said.
       She grabbed a tattered jacket and handed it to me.
       "Put it on, once they realize you're gone, they will come looking," She said.
       Kinda already said that.

      We were standing right outside Polis when I stopped.
      "Where are you stopping?"
      "Does Roan think I betrayed Azgeda?"
      Annoyance flashes through Ontari's face.
      "No, you're his warrior. He knows you wouldn't betray him. Neither do I," She said.
       I nodded and continued to walk.
       When we made it to Polis, the first light of the morning was starting to show.
        "When we get in there, you need to hide your face. If Lexa sees you, she'll send word immediately to Skaikru,"
        I nodded and pulled the hood to cover my face. We walked into the building and to the elevator. I haven't seen anyone yet. Maybe they are asleep? One can hope. Once we got to the floor where Roan was, I started to step out but we heard voice and Ontari pushed me back in.
        "Let me," She said.
        She walked out of the elevator and gestures for me to come out. I walked out and saw that it was Linus and Lionel. Azgeda.
        I let out a breath.
       "McKinley, you're back,"
       "Where's Roan?"
       "Three doors down,"
       "I'll stay here," Ontari said.
       I half walked, half ran to the door. I opened it and I put my back against the door as I shut it. I looked at the room and I saw a shirtless Roan sleeping on his stomach. The blanket covering his waist and below. I walked over to the bed and shook him. He turned around quickly ready to fight.
        "McKinley?"
        "Yeah?"
        "Where have you been?" He asked.
         "Where do you think?"
         "Skaikru?"
         "Yeah, they were holding me, prisoner, until I was sent to medical cause I was trying to break out of the ties they had me in and it cut deep into my wrist and me passed out due to blood loss. Then I gained the trust back which was very easy and I escaped," I said.
        "Thought you betrayed me,"
        "Of course not. Why would I do that?" I said.
        "Cause of old loyalties,"
        "Yeah, I got new ones now,"
        "You look tired,"
        "I am,"
        ----
        I woke up to Roan shaking me.
       "What?"
       "Doll, you need to get up. Skaikru is joining the coalition today, all clan leaders have to be there," He said buttoning his pants.
        "Wait, Lexa's coalition? Since when?"
         "The day Skaikru took you is when they agreed to it,"
         "Oh,"
         "Get dressed, I had a dress bought for you and meet me down in the throne room," He said.
         "I don't want them to trick me again and knock me out when I'm not excepting it," I said.
         "Don't worry about that doll, you'll be right beside me and even when you're not, you will have two guards beside you. Now get dressed and meet him in the throne room," He said leaving.
          I groaned but I got up and I walked over to the table and saw this beautiful black dress, it was tattered but it was still beautiful. I slipped it on and it went all the way down my legs and fit my figure perfectly. I walked to my shoes and slipped them on. I opened the doors to see Linus and Lionel standing at the door. Of course, he would put these two doofuses in charge of keeping me safe.
         Once we got to the top floor, I walked out and the guards followed. Lexa's guards opened the doors to the throne room and almost immediately dad came up to me but my guards were quicker than he was. They stood in front of me blocking him from me by making an X with their swords. I looked up and saw Roan.
       "Why Kinley?" He asked.
       "You should ask yourself that question and I warn you next time father, don't come up to me like that in the presence of Azgeda. Not only am I loyal to them, they are loyal to me," I said walking towards Roan and I stood beside where Roan was sitting.
        "We can't be in a coalition that a clan turned one of our own against us," Clarke said.
        "McKinley, are you telling me that you choose to become this way. Did they not capture and beat you?" Lexa asked.
        "Yes, they did capture and beat me but I chose to become this way. I chose to stay. Clarke, Azgeda made me a lot of things but since being on the ground, they've made feel safe. Yes, they beat me but that's was cause I was loyal to Skaikru. I knew I was never gonna die. They made me stronger. Being with them, for the first time since I was sixteen, I felt safe. So no, Clarke, Azgeda didn't turn me against Skaikru. Skaikru turned me against Skaikru when they locked me up," I said.
          "Clarke, you don't have to be apart of the coalition but that means if something like Mount Weather happens again, I will choose my people again. If you join that means your people will be my people,"
           "Yeah Clarke, you don't want to kill any more innocent lives including children right?" I asked resting my hand on Roan's shoulder.
         Roan looks up at me.
         "We'll accept," Dad said.
         Clarke looked at him.
         "What? After what they did to McKinley?"
         "She made it clear, they didn't do this, we did. Lexa makes a good point. We need the coalition,"
          Clarke sighs. She walks over in front of Lexa and bows before her.
         "Choose someone to bear the mark of the coalition,"
         "I will," Dad said.
          Lexa nodded. A grounder took the branding iron out of the fire and stamped my dad with the symbol.
          "From this day on out Skaikru is recognized as the thirteenth clan,"
          At this time, the doors busted open and Bellamy comes in. The Azgeda guards swarm around me as he looks at me.
         "Bellamy, don't!" Dad said grabbing his arm.
          "Don't what? Don't let McKinley be with people who truly care about her? Don't protect her from Azgeda,"
          Before I could say anything, Roan stands and walks over to Bellamy.
          "Who thinks we don't care about her? She's the best damn warrior we have. She definitely has the strongest mind. Yeah, we made mistakes with her but like she just told everyone, she feels protected when she's with us. Not with you. So back off," He said.
        I walked over to Roan and Bellamy and pushed Roan back before he does something stupid.
        "Bellamy, don't act like you care about me,"
        "What are you talking about?" He asked.
        "I know why you couldn't find me,"
        "What?"
        "For crying out loud, me being in Azgeda wasn't even a secret,"
        "We didn't know,"
        "Lexa, should I tell them or at you going too?" I asked turning around and looking at her.