Chapter Six: The Radio

"Do you know anything about when I was breaking out of my 'spoiled girl' title?"
     "Just what everyone knows. You stole a few things from Kane,"
    Hearing my father's name twists my stomach up in knots. "That's part of it,"
     "Where do I start? When I just got done trading some of my father's things on this subpart of the twelfth station, when I walked back two guys talking or well arguing about a plot to kill someone. I hid around a corner and listened to it. They were talking about killing my father. As I was walking back to get out there, I ended up tripping on something, and they saw me and I quickly got up and ran back to my room,"
     He looks at me kinda weird.
     "It basically where people sell, trade, get drugs, I didn't go back to section thirteen for about three weeks, so I thought it was fine. So I walked back there to see if anyone needed me to get anything. When I did, the two guys backed me into a corner and asked me where I've been and things like that. I lied and said I was sick and bedridden and tried to get out of there and I did but when I got to the area where the airlocks are, they grabbed me and tried to pull me into the airlock. But there was another guy I don't know who it was helped me get them off me and pushed them into the airlock, and we floated him. I didn't know who the guys were but I guess one of those guys had a son and that son was the guy who attacked me," I finished.
       "How'd he find out what happened?"
      "I don't know. I guess the guy who helped me? But I tried to explain what happened to my father, and he didn't believe me cause I was rebelling. So he locked me up and the section was closed and locked up. I didn't know the guy's name was until my father told me," I said.
     Bellamy just looked at me, not saying a word.
    "Say something?"
    All he did was get up and left.
    "Bellamy?" I asked trying to get up but was shot back down due to pain again.
    "Slow down," Clarke said coming into the dropship.
    "You're gonna tear the stitches out," She added.
    "Where's Bellamy?"
    "I don't know, he took off out of camp, just relax,"
    "I told him something, and he didn't say anything and left,"
    "Did you tell him something that'll make him pissed?"
   "I didn't think it would,"
   "You told him you floated Lance Stephenson," She said redressing the bandages.
     "How'd you know that?" I asked.
    "The council talked about it and then my mother told me," She said and I looked down and saw that her wristband was off
    "What happened to your wristband?" She looked down at her wristband and sighed.
    "Wells didn't tell Jaha about my father. My mother did,"
   "So your mother was the one who caused your father to get floated?"
     She nodded.
    "Why did you get locked up and your father got floated?" I asked.
    "The Ark is dying. My father knew about it and wanted to tell the people but the council didn't agree,"
      "You can get up but you need to be careful, okay?" She added.
     "Wait. What do you mean the ark is dying?"
    "They have like four months before all oxygen runs off. Why they sent the 100 down," She said leaving.
       I very gently sat up and slowly started to stand. Pain shot through my body but it didn't knock me down that time. I started to walk and surprisingly it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would.
       "Hey, you're up!" Jasper said.
      "Yeah, it looks like we both will have some pretty cool scars," I said jumping off the ramp which hurt a lot and made me lose my balance.
      Jasper jumped into action and caught me before I fell.
     "Maybe don't do that?" He said.
     "Where's Bellamy?"
     "His tent. I think," He informed me.
    "What is that?" Someone yelled looking up at the sky.
We all looked, and we saw something falling out off the sky.
      "Bellamy! Get out here," Octavia said.
     I turned and saw a shirtless Bellamy come out of his tent followed by another random chick.
    "How many girls does your brother sleep with a day?"
    "No idea," She said looking at me.
Bellamy went back into his tent and Octavia and I followed.
    "Bellamy, we need to go and get see what that was," Octavia said.
    "We will when it's sunrise. It's too dangerous right now,"
   "Bell, everyone in a hundred-mile radius and saw that come down. What if the grounders find it?"
    "I said we will leave as soon as sunrise,"
    She shakes her head and leaves.
   "Are you mad at me too for saying we should wait?"
   "No, how could I be mad when you saved my life?"
   "Not before he stabbed you and sliced your arm,"
   "You still saved me and I didn't get to say thank you earlier. So, thank you," He nods and picks up his gear.
    "What are you doing?"
    "Going and see what was in that pod,"
   "You said-"
   "I know what I said,"
   "Let me go with you," I said.
   "No, I don't need you tripping and pulling out your stitches,"
    "I'll be fine. You don't need to go by yourself,"
   "Fine, but you get hurt just even a little bit and you turn around and come back here. Do you understand?"
      "Yes,"
      ----
    We've been in the wood for all night now cause the sun has been set.
    "Bellamy!"
    We turned around and saw Octavia running up to us.
    "You lied to everyone. You lied to me. You're just a selfish dick,"
    "Look if the comedown, I'm dead,"
    Octavia looked at me and then to her brother.
    "What?" I asked.
    "I shot him. I shot Jaha,"
    "You killed him?" Octavia asked.
    "When I heard that they were sending you down here. I couldn't let you come down here alone. Someone came to me with a deal. Do this. Kill him, and they get me down to the dropship with you,"
     "I didn't ask you to do that, "
    "You're right. This is on me,"
    "I didn't ask for any of this," She said running off.
     I looked at Bellamy and every time something bad happens to him and Octavia or just Octavia, he looks like he's gonna cry.
     "Are you gonna run off too?" He asked.
    "No, let's go find whatever it is," I said grabbing his hand and pulling him.
    We finally reached the thing and it was a pod and Bellamy puts him arm blocking me.
     "Stay here," I nodded.
    I watched him walk up to the pod, and he rips the radio from the pod and walks back to me.
     "What now?" I asked.
    "Come on," He said.
    I followed behind him while we walked. He led us to the river and once again he blocked me from going any further.
     "The rocks are slippery," He said.
    I nodded.
   He walked into the river and tossed the radio and then back to me. While we were walking back to camp, Clarke found us.
   "Where is it?"
    "Taking a walk through the woods?"
     "Bellamy. Where's the radio?" Finn asked shoving Bellamy which caused him to bump into me and make me fall.
     "Owww!" I said.
    "Bellamy Blake? They are looking everywhere for you and McKinley Kane. You know your dad cried for days over your death," Some girl said.
     "Shut up!" He said helping me up.
     "You okay?" He added.
    I lifted my shirt up and none of the stitches were pulled out.
    "Yeah,"
    "Wait? Why are they looking for him?"
    "He shot chancellor Jaha,"
    "What?"
     "I should've killed you when I had the chance," He said.
     "I'm right here,"
    He grabbed her by her jacket and pushed her up against a tree and she pulled out a knife.
   "Bellamy stop!" I said.
    He hesitated for a moment and lets her go and start to walk away.
   "That's why you wanted to take all the wristbands. You wanted everyone to think we are dead,"
    "The whatever the hell we want was just to save your own ass,"
     "The chancellor deserved to die we all know that,"
    "Too bad, he isn't dead,"
He stops and turns around.
    "What?"
    "You're a lousy shot,"
    He just stood there.
    "Bellamy, don't you see you're not a killer. They are going to kill three-hundred people today to save oxygen if we don't talk to them,"
     "Why do they need to save oxygen?" Bellamy asked.
    "The Ark is dying Bellamy. They only have a like four months worth of air left," I said.
Bellamy looked at me and then back at them.
     "It's too late,"
---
     We went back to the camp and got a few people to help look for the radio and went back to the river. Bellamy and I waited on the shore. Bellamy and I waited on the shore. Bellamy was kneeling nervous, and I was sitting on the ground.
      "Bellamy," I said.
     He didn't answer me just look straight ahead.
    "Bellamy, look at me," I said grabbing his face and turning it to me.
    "What?" He asked.
    "Look, rather or not this goes south. I don't blame you for any of what you did. You did what you did to protect Octavia. I would do the same if I was in your shoes. Well, maybe not sleep around as much as you," He chuckles at the last part.
    "But to protect the only family I had left? I only do everything in my power. Hell, I did and it got me locked up for a year,"
    Bellamy just looked at me and was about to say something.
    "We found it," Someone yelled.
     Bellamy quickly gets up and helps me up then we walked over there.
    "Can you fix it, Raven?"
    "I'll have to wait till it dries out and then I'll have to see what broken,"
    "This is on you, Bellamy. Three- hundred of our people will die cause of you," Clarke said.
    "Why don't you back off Clarke?" I suggested.
     "Did you help him with this?
     "No, I didn't but I didn't stop him either,"
    "You-" She started to say.
    "Wait, we don't have to go talk to them, we only have to let them know we are still alive right?" Raven asked
    "Yeah but how?" Finn asked. Raven just smiled.