What Moonlight Reveals

"Would it be remotely possible for me, I mean us, to go outside now?" The day had been spent in the study of the mansion for the most part, due to your freak out over some of Dio's minions when you had met them at breakfast. They made you feel extremely uncomfortable, especially the weird little dog-human hybrid one. It made it worse since you were the only one who really needed actual food instead of blood. So everyone just ended up staring at you and got shivers down your neck the whole time. Though you knew they wouldn't do anything as long as you stuck besides Dio. And as much as you were enjoying the feeling of being at peace and brushing up on some knowledge of the world that was contained in the bookcases of the study, it was quickly getting agonizing boring for you.

"As I told you before we can go outside at night." Dio answered without looking at you. "Eh? But it'll be forever until it's night." You groaned and laid yourself out on the chair, legs and arms dangling off the sides, and placed the book on your face. 

"It's only a few hours away (Y/N)." 

"So long..." Dio sighed at your childlike behavior and continued on with his reading. It seemed as though that was all he did every time you hung out with each other, well other than constantly tease you. "Shouldn't you...oh I don't know be making those scary plans to try to defeat my best friend right about now?" 

"Already done." You removed the book from your face and glared at him. "Bastard." You whispered. 

"What was that?" 

"Nothing oh humble and wise one." You moved your eyes back to the page you had left off on and put your hand on your cheek to support your head. On the page was an illustration of what the author of the book had believed the fictional vampires had looked like. Oh, if only he knew. You took in the details of the image and then looked up at Dio. "Are you sure your suppose to be one of these things?" You looked back at the drawing. "A vampire..." The damn alleged mythological being...if only they truly had stayed a mythical being. 

"What am I too dazzling to live up to the standard vampire?" Dio retorted.

 "Well I mean you don't sparkle in the sunlight." 

"Would you have preferred that?" He mused.

"Nah." You lazily replied.

A comfortable silence followed after the conversation, but you just couldn't get one thing off of your mind. "I really don't know how to categorize you."

Dio put his book down, suddenly interested in communicating. "Why do you need to put a label on me?" 

"I don't mean trying to label you as one specific thing, since it's pretty obvious you have many different sides to you. I mean as a whole. I don't fully understand you or your motives. I don't know if I should even be here or try to escape." You tried to explain.

"There's generally only certain sides someone would allow certain people to see. Sometime one might view someone to be their heart and soul and think they can't do anything wrong. While someone else might view that person to be their own personal hell. It's hard to really say which one is the right description for that person now isn't it?" Dio commented.