Hymn of Bravery

After hearing Speedwagon's concern; you, Jonathan, and Zeppeli rushed to get a carriage right away. Speedwagon had insisted on coming along with you guys, wanting to assist Jonathan in any way he could.

As you were heading through a tunnel on the road leading to Wind Knight's Lot, your carriage came to an abrupt stop. 

"What was that?" Jonathan questioned. 

"Coachman why have we stopped?" Speedwagon inquired as he got out of the carriage.

Speedwagon's sudden scream caused you all to exit the carriage. You looked to see the horses had been stabbed with multiple daggers and the coachman's own head was replaced with one of the horse's. 

"Was it Dio? Where did he go?" Jonathan pondered.

"All of you step away from the horses!" Zeppeli boldly stated.

You were shocked at Zeppeli's sudden outburst, but what you were about to witness would shock you even more. 

"What in bloody hell?" Your eyes widened as an arm came out of one of the once alive horse's neck. 

"H-he just crawled out of the horse's neck! This guy is dangerous, so cruel, even more insane than Dio!" Speedwagon exclaimed in unimaginable terror.

"He managed to do this while the coach was moving?! Dio already has companions like him?" Jonathan added onto Speedwagon's commentary.

You looked over to Zeppeli to find him holding a wine bottle in one hand and in the other a wine glass. 'Where did those things come from?'  Everyday you got a better look into Zeppeli's character and every time you did, it left you even more confused on what to think of the man. He could be extremely unpredictable at times.

He then poked a hole through the bottom of the wine bottle with his finger, the liquid quickly poured out into the wine glass. "Step back. I will handle this." 

At that moment the man fully came out of the horse's neck making you grimace at the scene. 

"Has he worn the mask as well?" Jonathan paused. "No...I know this stench."

 Zeppeli nodded at Jonathan's last statement. "He's a zombie given eternal life and power by eating human flesh, but he is a doll of flesh for Dio to control. Even as his flesh rots he lives on feeling no pain." 

"Behold the most delicious terror you have ever gazed upon! Ghastly gray your faces will turn for I will savor the warmth of your blood." The unknown man sneered and jabbed the dagger he held into your face.

Jonathan and you gasped at the action. "Wiggle in despair, little worms!" 

'This thing is beyond a monster...' 

"Now what's his next move? If I were him...this method is key when fighting opponents. You must first think like your opponent, if I were him I'd begin by cutting off access to the sun." Zeppeli explained taking this as another moment to teach Jonathan and you.