Nine

"And why are you making us watch this?" Luke asks Macey as they all sit in Ashton's living room. It is now Michael's turn to stay with him and it's his first night. He suggested another movie night except this time Macey should come along. Of course Macey accepted.

     "Because it is a beautiful story of love and friendship." Macey answers dramatically. She leans back into Calum's arm which is around her waist. Luke looks at her like she is on crack cocain.

     "BUT IT'S MEAN GIRLS!" He shouts. Macey and the rest of the boys crack up at Luke's utter disdain.

     "But Luke you love Mean Girls!" Calum says gleefully. Luke rolls his eyes. and grabs another slice of pizza.

     "Yeah but I watched it yesterday..." He says quietly before looking over at the boys and Macey and cracking up.

     "You go Glen Coco!" Macey and Calum yell out at the same moment. Michael screams jinx before either of them can.

     "You ruined it Michael!" Calum says while pouting. Michael looks pleased and crosses his arms over his chest. The whole time, Ashton has been silent. He laughs with the jokes and smiles at his frineds but not with his usual joy.

     "Guys I have something to say." he says suddenly. The other companions laughter ceases as they pause the movie and look at their friend.

     "The doctor says I can't drum for six months." He says with a bitter tear rolling down his cheek. The room is so silent that you could definatly hear a pin drop. But, before any of them can say anything, the front door opens and in walks Ashton's parents. A horrorfied look registers in each of their eyes.

     "Everyone out." Mr. Irwin says. Everyone scrambles to pop the DVD out grab the take out and bolt. Everyone except Macey. She stands up from her place on the couch and greets her aunt and unlce.

     "Aunt Cara, Unlce Nick. It is so nice to see you!" She says smiling to both of them and giving them hugs. She walks back and stands beside Ashton who is shaking where he stands. Sweat pours down his brow as he looks at his parents.

     "What the hell is the phone call we got? In the hospitol Ashton? We had to fly here all the way from New York City!" Mrs. Irwin exclaims, throwing her purse to the ground and pacing towards her son.

     "i'm sorry that you couldn't take time to spend with your own child!" Ashton cries before running past them up to his bedroom. Macey follows behind him and sits outside his door. She taps on it a few times calling Ashton quietly. She hearrs his troubled sobs coming through. It breaks her heart. When it is finally silent, she opens the door quietly to find Ashton asleep on his bed.

     "It's gonna be alright Ashton." She whispers before hugging her sleeping  cousin and exciting the house without a sound.

     "Cal?' She says aloud when she sees Calum faithfully sitting outside stilll in his car waiting for her. He is still smiling. Always the positive one.

     "I could have walked back you didn't have to wait for me I took so long." Macey said smiling at Calum when she got into the car.

     "Hey, I promise I will always wait for my girl." He says smiling before pecking her lips. They drive in comfortable silence with one another.

     "So is Ashton alright?" Calum asks when he walks Macey up to her front door.

     "He will be." Macey says smiling softly. She looks at her shoes as she kicks a small pebble with her toe.

     "I love you." Calum blurts out suddenly. Macey look up at hhim and smiles.

     "I know. You always have." She says before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him with all she has.

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS A SHITTY CHAPTER MY UPDATES R SO CRAPPY TONIGHT I AM SOOO SORRY:(