e i g h t

"Diego!" Violetta yelled, sitting on the bed. It was nine in the morning on a Saturday. Maria and Sofia were both at their father's house for the week and weekend. "Diego Hernández!" Violetta smiled, leaning above him.

Diego stayed asleep. They had a late night, and it was a miracle Violetta was awake so early. Violetta pressed small kisses on Diego's face trying to make him up. Diego was slowly waking up, and when he opened his eyes, Violetta smiled at him. "I have a surprise for you." Was all that Violetta said before climbing off the bed. "Now get dressed and come to the kitchen, I made breakfast for us."

Violetta walked out, and made her way to the kitchen. Marco and Francesca were standing near the island, Francesca was drinking orange juice. "Wasn't able to wake him up?" Marco asked.

"I woke him up, he's getting dressed," Violetta told him. "Go hide because he'll be here any second!" She told Marco. Marco obliged, and decided to hide on the other side of the island.

Violetta turned to Francesca when Diego neared the kitchen. Without noticing anyone else, Diego wrapped his arms around Violetta and pressed a small kiss on her neck, before leaning into her shoulder.

"Morning, Diego!" Francesca smiled, Diego opened his eyes to see the Italian. "Coffee?" Francesca handed him the cup.

"No offense, Fran. But why are you here so early in the damn morning?" Diego asked, taking the coffee cup. He sat on one of the stools, and stared into his black coffee.

"Because I had to pick someone up at the airport," Francesca complained, glaring towards Marco's direction. Diego was too tired to notice. "Why are you so tired? It's like you don't even wake up early for work during the week."

"We had a long night," Diego explained.

"Long night equals se—"

"Fran!" Violetta interrupted. Diego gave a sleepy chuckle, and Francesca gave Violetta a sly smile. "Long night because the baby kicked, and was kicking for a long time."

"You're pregnant?" Marco asked, standing up. Diego finally woke up when he heard his best friend's voice. Violetta looked down at her stomach, she was visibly pregnant, but then again she was wearing a loose dress.

"Marco?!" Diego stood up, and gave a tight hug to his best friend. "When did you come back?"

"This morning. I'm moving back to be closer to my wife," Marco told Diego, when they stopped hugging. Diego looked at Marco weirdly.

"Aren't you dating Francesca? You can't be married and date someone else," Diego rambled. "Fran, did you know Marco is married?"

"Yes," Francesca answered. "I'm his wife," she smiled.

"What?" Diego asked. "Congratulations!" Diego pulled Marco and Francesca into a hug. All three of them were too busy to notice Violetta leave the kitchen.

Violetta stood in the hallway, with her phone by her ear. "León? What's wrong?"

León sounded like he was in a panic. "Vilu! María fell on her arm, and right now I'm driving her to the hospital. I think she broke it," León concluded.

"What?" Violetta rushed to grab her coat, keys, and purse. "I'll meet you at the hospital." She ran to it of the house yelling that she'd be back.

Violetta ran into the emergency room, seeing Andres sitting with Sofía in the waiting room. León and María nowhere in sight. "What happened?" Violetta asked. "Where's María?"

"Excuse me, are you Violetta Vargas?" A nurse walked up to Violetta. Violetta nodded, not correcting her last name. "Your husband and daughter are in the back, follow me." Violetta followed the nurse, she saw María sitting on the hospital bed, with a full cast on her arm.