s i x

"Mama?" Sofía cried walking quietly in her mother's bedroom. She was pulling a blanket behind her. "Mama?" Violetta didn't answer, as she was fast asleep, and a heavy sleeper due to her pregnancy. "Mama?" Sofía pushed the shoulder under the blanket.

"Huh," Diego woke up. "What's wrong, Sof?" Diego asked, rubbing his eyes to wake himself up more.

"I'm sorry, Diego," Sofía immediately apologized. "I thought you were mama."

"It's alright," Diego sat up, trying not to wake Violetta up with his movement. "What's wrong?" He noticed dried up tears around her eyes. "Did you have another nightmare?" Sofía nodded. "Come on, you can sleep with us," Diego said, letting Sofía climb into the bed and cuddle up against her sleeping mother.

"You know one of the many reasons I love you?" Violetta asked Diego. They were cleaning up after breakfast.

"Hm," Diego thought for awhile. "Because I'm incredibly handsome," Diego smirked.

Violetta rolled her eyes, "and modest." She paused. "Because how good you are with my daughters. Even if you were Tio Diego for some time to them, you'll be a second father to them. And his father," Violetta rubbed her small pregnant tummy, barely entering her second trimester.

"His?" Diego asked. "We haven't found out the sex yet."

"I know, but I have a feeling," Violetta said. "And I was right about having girls."

"Mama! Tia Fran and Tia Cami are here!" Sofía shouted from the living room. Violetta looked from the kitchen and saw two figures waving through the window.

"I'll finish up in here," Diego told Violetta. Violetta pressed her lips against his before walking to open the door.

"What are you doing here?" Violetta asked the two women who were smiling like crazy people.

"You forgot," Francesca frowned. Violetta looked at her like she was crazy. "It's coming."

"Not yet," Camila added, before Violetta realized. "There it is!"

"It's the day we first met," Violetta replied, and both Camila and Francesca nodded. Violetta stepped aside letting her friends walk in. "What are we going to do?"

"First, you need to get dressed. It's ten in the morning and you're still in your PJ's?" Camila said.

"Second, I haven't ate breakfast yet," Francesca smiled.

"Okay, I'll go take a shower and get dressed," Violetta replied. "Fran, there should be some pancakes left in the kitchen. Help yourself to them." Francesca thanked Violetta before going to get some food. "After I'm done, what are we going to do?" Violetta asked Camila.

"That's for me and Fran to know and you find out. Now go take a shower, and Sofia and I will choose an outfit for you," Camila said, and Sofia nodded agreeing with her Tia Cami.

Meanwhile, Francesca walked into the kitchen, and Diego had already made Francesca a plate of pancakes with eggs and bacon. With a cup of orange juice on the side, knowing that Francesca always ate whenever she came over. "Thanks," Francesca said while sitting on a stool, and started eating the food in front of her.

"You're welcome," Diego responded, drying off the dishes. After a few minutes of silence, Diego asked Francesca, "So you and Marco are together again?"

"Yeah," Francesca answered, before taking a bite of some bacon.

"Have you told him?" Diego questioned, and immediately regretted it when he saw Francesca tense up. "I'm sorry—"

"No," Francesca sighed. "We're still the only people that know. But whenever Marco brings it up, I'm going to have to tell him, won't I?"

"You haven't told Vilu?" Diego asked.

"She still thinks that not having kids is still my choice," Francesca responded. "If I were able to have children, you and I would still be together, no?"

"Fran—"

"Stop. Finding that out was a major factor of us splitting up. You wanted children, and I couldn't give you any. Now, you're happy with my best friend who is pregnant with your baby. And I'm happy with Marco, and maybe he'll be the one okay with adopting or a surrogate."

"I have no doubt about that," Diego replied. "He's more understanding than me, and you two were always perfect for each other."

"Diego, you're his best friend. Is he going to be okay with this?" Francesca asked after some silence moments.

"Francesca, I've never seen someone in love with anybody like how Marco is with you. He would never want to lose you again," Diego answered.

"Thank you, Diego," Francesca smiled. "I should probably go see how long until Vilu is ready." Francesca set her empty plate in the sink, and walked out of the kitchen. A few moments later she walked back in. "Before I forget, Cami and I are stealing Vilu for the day," Francesca smiled before going to Violetta's bedroom.

"We shouldn't be out all day. Expect us back before dinner?" Violetta said, but it came out as a question. Camila nodded. "See you," Violetta pressed her lips against Diego's cheek before leaving with Francesca and Camila.

"Diego?" Sofía asked, when the door shut behind her mother.

"Yes?" Diego answered.

"Can we build a fort and watch princess movies?" Sofia asked, pouting her lips and doing her puppy dog eyes. Diego finally caved when Sofía pouted her lips even more.

It was around one in the afternoon when the door opened. Diego was sitting under the fort, and Sofía had fallen asleep minutes ago. Diego climbed out of the fort and saw María run into her room. León standing in the doorway.

"I didn't know you were here," León told Diego.

"Well, I live here. I didn't expect you to come over today," Diego replied.

"María wanted to grab another change of clothes before we went swimming. Where's Sofia?" León asked about his youngest daughter.

"She's asleep in the blanket fort," Diego said, gesturing the blanket fort that spent forty minutes building.

"Oh. When she wakes up, if she wants to, you can drop her off to go swimming with me and her sister," León told Diego.

María came out of her room with her backpack on her back. "Hi, Diego. Bye, Diego," María ran back outside and climbed in the car with her Tio Andres, Tio Maxi and Ana.

"Before you drop her off, text me so I know when to expect her," León told Diego. "You know where I live?"

"Ye–"

"The house that Violetta and I used to live in," León cut Diego off, "together."

The next chapter is going to be the girls' day.

And, this chapter gives insight of why Diego and Francesca broke up. Poor Fran. :(

Also this chapter shows that Diego is sweet to María and Sofia, even if María isn't really in this chapter, he still treats the girls as if they were his own.

Also, wrote this chapter in less than two hours. So i hope you guys like this chapter!!

💜