Chapter 15; Leave Me Alone

It wasn't fair.

Of the few people that accepted her in this school, only three had befriended her in even the least way. Now, she only had two friends.

Philomene was curled up in a ball at the foot of the astronomy tower railing. Hot tears slowly rolled down her pale face, her eyes red from crying.

She looked up to find that the sky was pitch black. She took a deep breath before grabbing on to the railing and pulling herself up. It was late, and she needed some sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Chocolate frogs" Philomene said quickly to the Fat Lady, who opened the portrait door without her usual comment. The girl strode in, her chin held high, the tears threatening to fall.

Just as she feared, the golden trio was lounging on the red couches in front of the Gryffindor fire.

"Hi, Philomene!" Hermione exclaimed, waving her over.

Philomene ignored her, and kept going with purposeful strides towards the stairs that led to the girls' dormitory.

"Philomene?" Hermione said, softer now.

The tears began to spill, and she broke into an all-out run, going up the steps two at a time. she heard the older girl follow her, but Philomene wasn't slowing down.