Chapter 10: Who?!!

"WHAT?!!" Harry exclaimed, "Did you say Draco Malfoy?" His face was a mix of anger and disbelief. Philomene fought against the urge to recoil.

"Yeah," she replied, "What's wrong with that?" Were they enemies? Or did Harry just not approve of him for some reason? She hadn't seen anything to worry about in her first encounter with Draco.

Harry and Ron simultaneously emmited a sound of disbelief. Harry took Philomene's hands in his, and he continued in a soft, measured voice. "Philomene, I'm going to be straightforward with you. Have they told you yet what a death-eater is?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Malfoy-"

"Draco"

"Draco. Well, he's one of them."

Philomene's heart seemed to stop. The nice boy who had talked to her and even walked her to her room... "A death-eater?"

"Yes. And I don't want you to get hurt. I know the wizarding war is over, but they could still be out for revenge. I want you to stay away from him. Don't talk to him."

He released his loose grip on her hands and walked back to where Ron and Hermione were sitting, and sat down next to his chocolate eyed friend, who was anxiously wringing her hands in stress.

Tears welled up in his sister's eyes.

"You don't understand!" she exclaimed, before turning her back and running up to the girl's dormitories, two steps at a time.

There was a moment of silence before Hermione spoke up. "You know she won't stay away from him, don't you?" she said quietly. "She still thinks he's innocent."

"I know," Harry said finally, "and I'm worried."