2. The Werewolves and the Runaway

THIRD-PERSON POV

After the incident with William back in the early 1400s England, Iris and Gaia decided that it would be safer to go into hiding from then. Caretakers were left in charge of the castles for renovation and expansion, a cloaking spell was placed to keep them safe and to hide the rest from William. In the early 1500s, they had returned to their place of birth where they began to rebuild their coven and try to return it to the way their parents had kept it during their reign. Iris concluded that being weak was going to help her protect neither herself nor her sister and their covens. For years she trained with the best like her sister had when their parents had disappeared. They had added 400 rooms to the castle, 7 training grounds, a hospital, and small villas around the castle within the palace grounds. Gaia, however, would travel with their sister all over the world, leaving Gaias first fledgling, Thomas Evans in charge. Being a pureblood had its perks, especially when the vampire king grants each born vampire a special ability. After Gaia had escaped the clutches of William, she had thought because of the many sins she committed, she was being punished. For hundreds of years, Gaia had been unable to use her powers. Though she felt the faint energy, it remained dormant and too weak for her to use. Gaia had the most powerful gift of all; it made her fearless. It made her strong. But when someone had too much power, it made others fearful; and when people are overcome by fear, they turn to the dark side. Due to such a fact, whatever William had done was carried out easier than he wouldve planned. Gaia was blessed with the gift of steal while Iris was blessed with the power of the elementals, though Gaias gift was proven to be the best; she could duplicate any vampiric gift and use it as her own.

GAIA's POV

For years it seems as though my hatred for William has only grown. Who the hell does he think he is to proclaim that I am his beloved? When the fuck was that decision ever up to him? Especially not after everything he has done and everything, he put us through, put me through.

During the 1500s, one of my subordinates found some information that led me to believe that there was a vampire that could revive the dead as her gift. Immediately I sought them out, however, I did not expect said vampire to be pureblooded. It wasnt until further down the line that we discovered she was a Flanington. Kitilya, who was believed to have died when our mother perished under the hands of William was still alive. We believed she was hidden away before mother succumbed to her injuries. She was taken in by a human man that was banished to the wasteland. She agreed to return with us without hesitation, overjoyed to finally meet us, and when Iris and I informed her of our reason for seeking her out, she readily agreed. Yearning to meet the family she dreamt of but was taken from her before she could meet them. It wasnt until further discussions that she told us her gift had limitations. For her to utilize it she needed something that belonged to the deceased and there still needed to be a physical body. After using such an unheard-of gift that defied nature, she would need hours to recuperate before it could be used again.

With that, we managed to revive our 4 siblings: Daniel, who was the firstborn followed by Lucus, the second-born, Delany the first daughter, and lastly Nathaniel. I am the second-born daughter but the 5th child, Iris is shortly behind, and Kitilya is the last. Iris and I filled them in on all that occurred over the years including mother and fathers death. It affected Kitilya the least because she never got the chance to meet them unlike the rest of us that were raised by them and grew up within the castle walls. Iris and I had gained a lot of knowledge over the years but when our elder siblings filled in the blank spots, we finally had a lot of questions answered. However, when we revived our parents, we decided to stay to go into hiding. No chance was to be taken and no slip-ups were allowed; the safety of us and our people depended on it.

A few centuries later

20xx

Initially, she was forbidden from leaving the palace grounds for her protection, but I shouldve known she would disobey palace laws and sneak out.