Chapter 5

"P-Patton?" Roman said, tears welling up in his eyes. Patton starred in confusion at first, then his eyes widened in realization. Roman sprinted towards him and hugged him, tears streaking his face. Patton hugged back, barely able to breathe from the feelings that he was suddenly feeling. Roman set him down and put his hands on his shoulders, not believing that this was real.
"Patton, is this really you?" Patton smiled and nodded.
"It is, Roman." Roman hugged him again, crying even more. Suddenly, pain shot through Roman's torso, and he looked down as blood began to soak his jacket. He looked up at Patton who looked terrified. Roman fell to the ground as Virgil pulled his own katana out of his back.
————————————————————————
Virgil growled as he grabbed Patton's wrist, pulling him away from the bleeding prince. Patton screamed and kicked in protest. Virgil took the bottle and cloth from Patton's pockets, putting it on his face and and making him go limp as Virgil carried him. He stole Roman's horse, throwing Patton on it. The king of the kingdom had been captured, and Virgil had taken over yet another kingdom. The villagers from the old kingdom were captured and would be placed in their village to fend for themselves. As he turned, Virgil caught a glance at Roman. He sneered.
"No one takes my servants."