Chapter Three

Two weeks later, Perrie's cakery is doing better than it ever has. It's earning lots of new customers, and is so busy that Perrie had to hire two more employees to help with everything. Up until now, she worked here with a very small team, but that's not possible anymore. She is a bit scared of letting new people into her business, which is basically her child, but is also excited about the new beginning. The long days she spends at the cakery make it hard for her to find the time to see Jade, but she always manages to see her at least two or three times a week, even if it's early in the morning or after a long shift. It's worth it. 

For Jade, on the other hand, everything is as usual. Except for dating a gorgeous girl, she still has the same lame apartment and her face hurts from smiling all day at work. She wishes she had something to be passionate about, just like Perrie has. She constantly applies for different jobs, but so far, no one had called her back.

"Jade, can you help me with my dress?" Holly, the girl who plays Ariel, asks. She is dressed in her costume, looking as beautiful as always. Jade sees the problem right away, how her turquoise dress was ripped at its edge, right next to her feet. Jade bends down and uses a safety pin to make it look alright. As she stands back up, she recives a warm smile from her coworker. "Thanks," Holly says, "I already told Samantha about it. It will be fixed today."

"That's great," Jade replies with a fake smile. Samantha is responsible for most of the actors in the park, she's like their boss. She is nice, but also impatient, and no one would dare asking her for help with something as stupid as a tiny tear; though it's much easier for Holly. Well, everyting's easier when you're sleeping with the boss.

"Have a good one!" Holly wishes Jade, then leaves the room.

"She's such a bitch," Anna, dressed as Snow White, comes in. This girl is one of Jade's few true friends in the park. There's always some kind of competition between everyone, and most of her coworkers aren't friendy. Even though from first impression it seems like Holly isn't one of those stupid coworkers, she surely is.

"Ugh, I know," Jade says. She makes sure her wig is properly placed, mumbles a goodbye and heads out towards her usual spot. 

Meanwhile, at Chocolate & Chocolate, Perrie watches her staff serving costumers with pride in her eyes. Seeing her cakery get well deserved recognition brings the sweetest feeling.

"I need to go. I'll be back in an hour," she tells the staff. "Call me if you need anything."

"Of course." A low voice, which belongs to one of the new employees, replies. Perrie nods his way and sends him a quick smile, then exits through the glass doors. She can't take the smile off of her face knowing that she is about to see her beautiful Jade.

«-·-»

Being a California resident, this definitely isn't Perrie's first time at Disneyland. She loves this place and adores the magic it holds, but she can't afford to focus on that now; she's on a mission. She feels bad for wasting so much money on a ticket for the sole purpose of finding Jade and then leaving to go back to work. 97$ are the payment for about three cakes, and she just spent this amount of money on a pretty useless thing. These last two weeks, she tried to find out, in various ways, which character Jade plays, but didn't manage to discover anything but the fact that it's probably princess Jasmine. This fits with Jade's skin tone and the make up she wears to work.

Perrie walks around for a bit, looking for princesses. She can easily tell the first Jasmine she finds isn't Jade. This girl's skin is darker then Jade's, and she is taller. Perrie keeps searching, letting ambition fuel her. After about twenty minutes, she spys another Jasmine. This one fits with Jade's general look, but Perrie is too far to determine if this is the person she's looking for. She comes a few steps closer, and as the princess and her lock gazes, Perrie can easily recognize Jade. There's not another girl in the whole world with a smile as bright as hers. Though this precious moment is quickly over, and Jade greets an adorable three year old. Perrie watches the sweet boy handing Jade a drawing. Two hugs and a photograph later, a little girl, accompanied by her dad, approaches Jade. Perrie notices how Jade's body tenses up as the man whispers something in her ear while they pose for a photo.