20|| If I Told You I'd Have to Kill You - Part One

"It's shit, I know, but you're only going to get so many broken hearts until it ends up staying whole,"

•••

*two weeks later*

"So he really just blanked you again?" Adam asked as I sighed over the phone once more

"He didn't necessarily blank me, he just hasn't messaged me back,"

"For two weeks?" I could hear him scoffing from the other end of the phone

"I'm sure there's a logical explanation, he's probably lost his phone or something,"

"Someone as important as Mendes and as rich may I add, has enough cash to find his phone or buy a new one if that was the case. He's blanking you."

Admitting defeat I let a tear slide down my cheek and a sigh escape from my mouth, "You're right."

"I know I am. Look. I'm not having any more of this. I'm phoning him." Before I could protest he cut the line and when I tried to call him again, the line was busy. I should have known better when it came to Shawn. He'd never let her go for anyone, not even me, his reputation was always more important.

"I hate seeing you so upset over him," Leroy sighed as he leaned against the door frame of my bedroom

"And I hate being upset over him but I really fell for him, and I thought he felt the same but I guess not." Pulling the bed covers over my shoulders I turned away from the door and stared out the window, watching the raindrops pitter down the glass

"You cant just stay in here again for another two weeks,"

"Yes I can."

"You're wasting away your summer over some boy who's out living his life performing and making money with every breath he takes. Get up, we're going out." Pulling away from the door frame he began walking back down the hall into the kitchen, "You better be up by the time this kettle boils or I'll be in with a bucket of cold water!" He shouted from the other end of the house

Groaning, I knew I shouldn't test him because knowing Leroy, he wasn't joking. Pulling the covers back and sliding out of the bed, I went straight into the bathroom and washed my face to wake myself up, not that I needed it considering it was 4pm but it was nice to feel refreshed. I took a shower and brushed my teeth before choosing my outfit for the day, I was tempted to go comfy, and not care about how I looked, but that would let him win even more than he already had, so I pulled out my light washed denim jacket and black jeans and threw on a plain white top with some lace on it and paired it with a pair of black boots.

I decided to brush on some mascara and red lipstick to brighten up the look as well as some foundation and bronzer, with a tint of blush. Letting my hair hang in waves, I took a couple of selfies to post on instagram, assuring the majority of my friends and followers that I was in fact, still alive.

Grabbing my purse, I met Leroy in the kitchen and he handed me a mug of hot chocolate.

"You know me so well." I smiled, for the first time in a while. My phone beeped in my pocket and I took it out to glance at the name

'Adam: Come over to mine. You need to talk to him.'

'Leah: I've been trying to talk to him for weeks. He doesn't want to talk to me.'