Chapter 49

Third Person's POV

A woman is running through the throne room. She is panting already yet her pace still hasn't change. Her pink hair was already disheveled and her turquoise eyes are full of stubbornness.

If this happen, the storyline will definitely separate from the original one. She pursues it in order for no one to die. Her burden will be lifted as soon as everything ends. Not only her, but also him. This will be the last thing she will do for him. She'll even put her life on it.

But before she reaches her desitinations, she saw Prince Julius fighting one of the Emperor's guard. But this wasn't an ordinary guard, this guard was a former hero for annihilating the former demon king, his name is Simon. Simon's spirit is being controlled by Joseph. But what shocked her is that how did the Prince reached here. She was sure she put them all under a spell.

He cannot win this alone. Theresa can't help but help Julius from fighting that guy. She attacked from behind Julius' back to the heart of Simon.

She kept attacking nonstop in order to provide an opportunity fo Julius. Whilst Julius is shock to see Theresa around when he can't see the others. Nevertheless, he accepted her cooperation and began to find an opportunity to kill Simon.

But Simon wasn't dumb. He block all of the attacks of Theresa at the same time, he tries to attack Julius. Simon's sword clashes with the magic of Theresa. Theresa cannot help but has to use more mana to attack him. She was saving this for Joseph but if she didn't defeat the one in front of her,  how will she be able to defeat him?

Suddenly an owl passes through the battle and blinded Simon. This made an opportunity for both Theresa and Julius to attack. Theresa sharpens her control of mana to make it more deadly and Julius attacks with all of his might to defeat Simon.

"Hah... That was... exhausting.... hahaha...... Who would... have.... thought... that... we would be.... able to defeat him..." Julius breath was very messy. He was fighting with Simon in just 10 minutes which is quite great for him to hold that long. He looks at Theresa who was very calm. That kind of magic takes a lot of toll in her body especially when she continuously attack him. He cannot help but admire her and felt she is really worthy for the title of [ Prodigy ]. Unlike Luke who masters at discovering of spells and unknowns, she is very mastered when it comea to magic. Both of them are equal but Theresa is more good at direct combat while Luke is much more prominent at assassinations.  Also, she must have perfect control in her mana in order to achieve what she just did. She really deserves her title!

Unlike Julius, Theresa calmly looks at where the owl was once. It was daytime so how can an owl be awake at this time. That owl disappeared after the final attack. She tries to debate with herself if either the owl disappeared magically or it just died.

Theresa focus back to reality and felt there was just a presence around her. This presence felt like it was killing her and for the first time, she felt fear of losing her life.

She is sure that this type of presence belong to an assassin.

Suddenly, her world shut down. She felt that something just hit her neck. Meanwhile, Julius felt something very painful in his stomach.

One of them destines to die.

***

Jeanne finally invaded the outer walls of the castle. She started to find Luke at the same time being cautious on her surroundings if she might get lost in the illusion. She arrived at where Luke is and see him very near to his death door.

"Luke!" Jeanne cried out his name and went to him. She put her hand on his forehead only to know he has a high fever. She checked on his mana and can see it is almosy empty. If one overused his mana, it might result to his death!

Luke was just lucky to leave few behind. Jeanne forcibly drinks Luke a mana potion in order to recover him some mana.

After a few minutes, Luke finally wakes up. He was still pale but is already much better than before.

"Luke! What happened to eveyone? Where are they?" Jeanne calmly look at Luke. Luke tries to remember what just happen before. He was just walking with everyone. Then suddenly Julius suddely disappear. Everyone tries to find him. But after a while he was already lost.

"I don't know... Check the throne room first! Check if someone is there!" Luke tries to stand up but failed. His body is too weak right now because of mana depletion. Jeanne just stare at him silently. Luke notices something went wrong.

"What happened? Did something happened?" Luke worriedly asked her. Jeanne remain calm as it looks like it doesn't affect her. But deep inside it did.

"Someone... is at the verge of dying..."