Crossing the Limit: Alternate Ending

A/N: Espeon804 here. This story was originally a one-shot, well… maybe it still is…

Because this part here is merely an alternate ending. It wasn't easy to type.

This is not an happy ending, btw.

(There is an important notice at the end of this chapter.)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN Undertale! Toby Fox does! K?

- Crossing the Limit: Alternate Ending -

This is all a game.

He isn't satisfied with what he saw the last time. If Sans wasn't enough, then… well… taking alternative path may just be enough to see a horrifying side of the monster that nearly came out from hiding before.

"What are you doing?" Flowey seems confused as the monster stands in front of him now with a look that could be a worn-out smile.

Pitiful. This is the third time Flowey did this, and it is all the same.

The skeleton is letting him go. What is there to do to make him have the strong intent to kill? Is it really impossible?

Flowey had looked through his list. Each and every name of the monsters in the underground had been crossed out. Papyrus' is as well, but it is circled and a question mark had been written next to it.

Sure. Flowey had to work extra hard on some monsters to set them off… but… Papyrus…

He seems impossible.

Flowey wants to see him snap. But, it's so hard. No matter what he did. He tried every thing. He taunted him every way possible. He killed Sans the worst ways possible… sure, Papyrus did get angry… but he was never enraged. If he were, then… it would had been uglier.

Whenever Papyrus isn't the verge of sending that finishing blow, Undyne snaps him out of it

That darn fish.

"If it weren't for Undyne… I would had really lost myself." Papyrus says. "Nyeh-heh… I look like a mess. My actions were below my own standards."

That fish!

"Why aren't you…?" Flowey watches him, confused.

Papyrus offers his hand. "Anyone can change. Even the worst of people. So… let me try again, battling my own way."

Flowey leans back in disgust.

How much does it take, or is it impossible? Papyrus… he's just…

Flowey could do anything, and the skeleton would stay sane.

"The reason why you are like this is because you have no SOUL, right? That means… you have no feelings."

He's too sweet and innocent!

"St-stay back! Don't touch me!" Flowey shouts at him.

He ignores this and lowers his hand some more. "Please, Flowey. Let me help you."

"Idiot! Your kindness won't do anything!" Flowey snaps at last. "Showing mercy to those like me… it'll strike you back in the future! I'll come back and kill Undyne, and then the children who live here! You will have to kill me!"

Undyne growls at the mentioning of her name, but Doggo looks at her as a reminder to let things go at the moment. She calms down.

Papyrus still smiles. "The Great Papyrus refuses to give up on an old friend! Come now! Let me guide you for a better future."