Chapter 27

"Although we've come to the end of the road, still I cant let go."

*

As we both walk down the quiet hall, all the sudden, we hear a click, making us stop. We both slowly turn around to see ten men with guns in their hands, and my father in front, smirking at us. My mother and I quickly raise our guns at them, and he starts to laugh.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You're cornered." I briefly turn around to notice that we are behind a wall. Damn it... I thought that was the way to his office...

"I'll still shoot you!" I yell at him, squeezing the gun tighter in my hands. I breath heavily while he raises a brow at me.

"Well then I'll just kill your mother." We both look at each other for a second. "Then I'd kill you, my daughter. So just make this easy and drop your guns. All of them." He says strictly. I look at my mother to see a defeated look on her face, as she slowly puts her gun down. I put my gun down to and slide them over to him. His men then come to grab us. Then, they drag us to his office, while we struggle to get out of their grasp. When we get to his office, the men set us both side by side, on our knees. Ethan leans back on his desk in front of us, and smile an evil smile.

"Would you look at that, a family reunion!" He yells oh so cheerfully. I look at him with disgust.

"Why so glum sweetheart? Aren't you glad to see your father?" I scoff at him, not answering his question. He becomes angry. He slams his fist on the desk.

"Answer me!" He yells in my face. I just stay sill, giving him a nasty stare.

"You are not my father, and you never will be." He just leans back, staring at me. He then grabs his gun, and points it at my mom. I scream for him not to while she starts to breath heavily.

"You need to be punished sweetheart, and if killing this mother of yours will help, I will do it." He pushes the gun up to her head, and clicks back the gun, ready to shoot.

"Nooooooooo stoooop! Pleaaase nooooo!" I scream out, struggling as the guard keeps me back from her, as she cries hysterically. Then before I knew it, his office doors break open, and massive gun fires are shot. Damon, Adam, and his men start shooting at the guards, as they try to shoot back helplessly. Ethan grabs his gun and starts to shoot, but the gun is shot out of his hands, landing right next to me.

I grab the gun and attack Ethan, landing on top of him. He lays there groaning in pain, pretty helpless. He looks at me in the eye as I point the gun to his head.

"Don't... I love you sweetheart." he grunts out in pain. I continue to stare at him, but shake my head.

"I never loved you Ethan." I then shoot him in the head, as the life quickly floods out of him. I just continue to stare at my dead father in shock.

He's dead. He's actually dead..

Damon picks me up and gives me a big hug.

"Thank you so much."

*
We all walk out of the hallway, towards outside. My mom walks ahead of us, towards the car I had hidden while I stay with Damon. I'm still mad about what he did, but I'm just happy that he came.

"How come you never told me you needed help?" I stop dead in my tracks and turn him with shock filled eyes. How dare he say something like that, knowing what he did.

"Well I tried to tell you, but you were too busy with your girlfriend." He scrunches his eyebrows in confusion and anger. He clenches his fists.

"What are you talking about? Hailey?" I scoff at him as we keep walking.

"Oh, so that's her name." He rolls his eyes at me and grabs my shoulder, making us stop where we are.

"Look, we just started talking and hanging out, that's it." I roll my eyes at him and cross my arms.

"So leaving me to walk an hour to your house was smart, huh?" He starts to fume and before I know it, he grabs the antique vase next to us and smashes it on the ground. He breathes heavily while I grab my chest, fearful of what he'll do next.

"This isn't going to work!" He goes to walk away, but I grab his arm, making him turn around.

"What's not going to work?" I question him. He pulls away his arm from my grasp harshly.

"Us!" He motions his hand between us two. I just stay still, not able to move. He looks at me with those eyes before he breathes out a sigh. What does he mean?

"I just can't Jaz, it's too much." He goes to walk away, but I run after him.

"Wait! Maybe I-" he puts up his hand, as if telling me to stop.

"I'm glad that I helped you and your mother be safe, but I can't be with you. You should've just stayed away when I told you to." He then walks away, leaving me alone.

*

Sadly, we've come to an end with this book.....

But! How can I just end it like this? There's still so many questions to be answered in this book, and besides, how can he let go of his possession like that? That why.... I'm making a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their journey is farrrrr from the end...

Until Then..

Lei-Bear