Chapter 12

I would like to thank kpop34 for voting on my book! I really appreciate everyone's love for this story!💕

*

"So, I can't wait to see you tonight." I turn around to see Damon smirking at me, making me roll my eyes. I slam my locker door and attempt to walk away. Damon then walks beside me.

Curse his long legs.

"How?" He raises his brow at me.

"How what?"

"How did you do it?" He gives me a look I can't seem to figure out.

"I'm gonna need you to elaborate more, love." I roll my eyes, trying to shake off the shivers I got from him saying love. He gives me that sane look, making me all the sudden nervous.

"How does my mom know you?" I ask, looking away when he caught me staring. Why am I so nervous? He stops walking and so do I.

"Don't go shy on me now, love." He hooks his finger under my chin, turning me to face him.

"Um...you didn't answer my question." He smirks at me before answering.

"I saw her at the store and she dropped a few items, so I helped her. Then she talked about how her daughter Jasmine should've come with her to help her and I said I know a Jasmine who I'm friends with and blah blah blah. So she invited me to dinner with you guys." I couldn't really remember the rest that he said. I just remember what he had said.

Friend.

The word people take for granted. He had said I was his friend, but why? It was probably a very genuine thing to say at the moment, but why would he? One moment he's very nice and sweet, the next he's very distant and yelling at me to stay away.

"We're friends?" I blurt out sooner or later. When I look at him, I see his cheeks turn a tint pink. I start to snicker, but I do my best to not show it.

"I u-uh um I mean yeah, we're friends...right?" I couldn't hold it anymore and I start to snicker at him. He playfully rolls his green eyes and crosses his muscular arms.

He takes out his hand, as if he wants me to shake it.

"Friends?" I look at his hand and I look back up at his green, bright eyes.

Oh what the hell

I push his hand away and I wrap my arms around his waist, hugging him. He awkwardly stands there, looking at me with a raised brow. I look up at him with confusion.

"What? Hand shakes are for strangers." He then slowly wraps his arms around me, hugging me tightly, but not too tight. Warmth suddenly surrounds all around me from him, making me smile.

"So, friends?" He asks again, looking down at me.

"Friends."

****

I feel bad for not updating sooner, but you know, high school gets in the way.  But I'm back better than ever!

I hope y'all liked it and if you did, you can🌟 this chapter!

Vote, Comment, etc. for a shutout!

Love you all!

Lei-Bear