"We don't hate you. We're just disappointed, that's all." Mason said, finally speaking for the first time since Thomas came in.

"That's an understatement." Dylan said with a small sarcastic laugh.  

Thomas didn't say anything, I mean he was their enemy for sometime, but then again he was their friend for longer.

"Why didn't you just come to us, tell us what was going on?" Luke says furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Because I knew you guys would try to help, I knew you would get involved." He says matter of factly.

Luke didn't say anything after that because he knew Thomas was right.

"You can still make it right, you can help us take down John." Mason says looking at Thomas hopefully.

Thomas kind of laughed, "I don't really have a choice. He already knows somethings up and once he finds out I was involved with it he'll come after me next."

"Good, but don't think you're off the hook for all those years." Dylan says narrowing his eyes at Thomas.

"I know." Thomas said with a faint smile forming on his lips. I could tell Thomas really missed them.

"Someone needs to go get Caleb, he has been gone for awhile." Luke says looking at everyone, but mainly at me.

I nodded my head, "I'll go get him, but it might take awhile."

I walked out of the kitchen to go find Caleb. When I didn't see him in the living room or his room, I knew where he had went. I walked out onto the back porch; our spot.

"You okay?" I asked walking over to where he was sitting and sat down next to him.

He was looking off, not really staring at anything. I could see anger in his eyes, but I could also see hurt and sadness. I already knew the answer to my question.

"You know he feels bad about what he did.I'm not making excesses for him, I'm just.....I'm just saying. I don't expect you to forgive him right away, I don't even expect you to like him anytime soon, but we kind of need his help, he is the only one who can even try and stop this."

I say looking at him trying to get him to say something.

He looks at me and then looks down, "I-I should have known.....i-it's my fault....everything is my fault."

He looked awful, he looked sad and hurt. It pained me to see him like this, it actually broke my heart.

I put my hand under his head lifting it up so he was looking at me, "Hey, look at me...this is not your fault. How were you supposed to know Thomas was doing this? How could you have know any of this?" I saying raising my voice slightly to get my point across, but not loud enough were it would seem like I was mad.

He shook his head,"I could have stopped it, I don't know how, but I could of...maybe then Luke, Mason, Dylan and conner wouldn't be in this mess."

I was getting mad. He couldn't possibly be a fault for this, he was the one who was keeping everyone safe, the one who had always done more of the dirty work so the others didn't have to get involved too much.

"Caleb, look at me. Do you really believe that you're to blame? You started this because you have a good heart, whether you believe me or not. You did this to try and help a friend. You need to stop blaming yourself. I know this isn't something you even thought of , but it's actually your dads, he did all of this, not you."

I say putting my hand on his cheek, rubbing my thumb over it. He was leaning into my hand, with his eyes closed.

"My mom left him because she wanted a better life for us, but we still got involved somehow. If she finds out she's going to be so disappointed..she'll hate me." He says opening his eyes, sadness feeling them.

"Caleb, your mom could never hate you. She did this for you and Luke, which means she wanted a better life for you, she wanted you to grow up right and have a good heart and you do. She might be a little shocked, but she's your mom. She will always love you. If I can understand then so will she."

"You're a good person Caleb. I promise." I leaned in closer, trying to get his attention.

He looked at me for a couple seconds and then before I knew what was happening his lips were on mine. I soon started to kiss back. It was a gentle kiss, soft and slow, not like last time. He pulled back with a slight smile on his face.

"I don't know what I would do without you buttercup." He says leaning his forehead against mine.

A big smile was plastered on my face,"I know, I know, I'm amazing." I say with a small laugh.

He lets out a small chuckle and then stands up reaching out his hand for me to grab.

"As much as I would love to stay out here with you, we need to go back in before they started looking for us. I need to get this figured out."

I gave him a small smile and took his hand. "Then let's go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, thank you for reading my book, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

This chapter shoutout goes to steph772 thank you for reading my book.