Ch.15 knock out

I was currently in the living room waiting for Caleb to wake up, so I could ask him what they were doing yesterday.I don't know what to expect, but I need answers. As I was thinking of a plan to force Caleb to tell me where they were yesterday when I heard him walking down the stairs, I knew it wasn't Luke because he was in the kitchen and My dad and Mary were at work.

Caleb came down with no shirt on and had water dripping from his hair, running down his chest. I always got nervous when he took his shirt off, I mean you don't have to have a crush on him to appreciate his perfect abs. I have learned to look everywhere else except below the neck.

"Where were you last night?" I said sternly while raising my eyebrows.

He rolled his eyes "Luke already told me you were going to ask that and like I told him it's none of your business. Just stay out of it."

"Well it needs to be my business if I'm going to continue lying for Luke and you. I need to know why you were out so late and then came home all most passed out because you got into a fight."

When I mentioned the fight I could see him tense up, but only for a second. I then realized the slight bruise forming on his cheek, he also had a few on his stomach. I've heard that Caleb can fight pretty well, so whoever he got in a fight with must have been the real deal.

"What are you going to do about it, in case you have for gotten buttercup I don't care what you do or how you feel about it."

I couldn't believe he was being like this, with this boy you never know if he's going to be happy,sad,angry,or all the above. I couldn't keep up with him, I was getting tired of it.

"screw you Caleb, next time you need someone to cover for you you can figure it out on your own."

I didn't want to hear what he had to say in response to that, so I walked off to the kitchen where Luke was.

When I walked in Luke was sitting at the island eating a sandwich,but I knew he had heard everything.

"Luke, can I ask you something?" I said sitting down next to him.

"Only if it's not about where we were last night."

"It's not, I promise."

"Okay, ask away."

I stopped for a minute trying to figure out how word what I was trying to say without coming off as a bitch.

"Why is Caleb so bipolar, especially with me?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Honestly I don't know, but sometimes he has trouble letting people get close to him, I think it's because our dad left when we were little, it effected Caleb more then it did me."

"I guess that makes since, but you would think he would have lightened up a little bit, like you did. At first you hated me, and don't pretend you didn't because you did, but you're different now."

Luke let out a little chuckle, "Yeah, but I was only mean to you because I didn't know you. Caleb is just being stubborn and not even trying to give you a chance."

I chuckled "Yeah."

"If it will make you feel better than I'll talk to him, but I can't promise anything."

"Really? That would be wonderful, thank you Luke. This is why I like you way more than Caleb."

Luke just let out a small laugh and continued eating his sandwich. I walked up to my room and changed into my running cloths, running always helped me clear my mind. When I walked down stairs I seen Caleb on the, he looked angrey and fustrated.I know I shouldn't be listing in, but I couldn't help it. I stopped on the stairs half way down, I knew he couldn't see me from here so I made sure not to move.