Niccolò was sitting, one leg crossed across the other loosely, his arm spread along the back of the sofa; he looked every bit a mobster from the 20's - although without the fedora or suspenders, and a cigarette rather than a cigar. It was unusual, being inside the Fiero's apartment, a mix of old and new.

He watched Leo lounging in his late father's desk chair, an odd smile on his face; Fiero wore his emotions too clearly - he had done well for himself in their deal, or so he thought.

Niccolò's gaze turned to the door as it opened, the girl in question drifting in like a ghost from the elevator. Camilla had lost weight -again - she looked sick, and lost.

Without noticing, Niccolò had straightened up a little on his sofa.

"You wanted me?" Her voice was quiet, harsh in the silence - it wasn't her usual tone.

"Hey, Cee, sit down." Leo gestured to the chair in front of the two men. She shrugged, floating over to the chair silently.

"Camilla," Niccolò acknowledged, assessing her carefully. She was worlds away from the girl he'd found asleep in his bed once; he missed that girl - the one who gave him disapproving looks for splitting his knuckles and looked so peaceful, with an aura of calm sweetness.

She looked at him, her eyes watering suddenly as she realised he had found Cat's body - he'd seen her corpse first. Only a few doors down, her bedroom remained untouched.

She cleared her throat, blinking back tears. It wasn't the time.

"We have good news," Leo announced, unaware of Cee's almost-meltdown. "You can go back to school."

Cee gave him a cold look. "That was the plan anyway."

Leo looked uncomfortable, sitting back in his father's chair. "Well- yes, but we have agreed on security arrangements."

"Security arrangements?" Cee asked incredulously, looking between the two. Niccolò raised an eyebrow, watching her. "Is that a joke?"

"You'll be allowed into lessons, to graduate and go out in the city - provided you have someone with you at all times -" Leo tried to continue, but broke off, avoiding her gaze. "But you won't be able to go back to your previous apartment."

Cee narrowed her eyes. She loved that apartment in the next city over - she even loved how the heating broke down in winter and how the constant thrum of traffic kept her awake for hours.

"Why not?"

"You will be staying with me," Niccolò ordered flatly, staring her down. "In one of the buildings I own."

Cee looked down at her hands, her fingers intertwined in her lap. "Fine," she muttered eventually, feeling a wave of tiredness wash over her suddenly. She wasn't in the mood for conflict. "When?"

"Tomorrow," Niccolò informed her, tapping off his cigarette into an ash tray.

He watched as she left, surprisingly unbothered by her lack of respect - she didn't need to nod her head or ask for permission to leave - she trusted him; he knew it, and that was respect enough.

Leo left him alone to his thoughts after a while; the kid was inexperienced. Niccolò had been doing this since he turned twenty - Leonardo was just a boy in comparison. His actions were transparent, his reactions dictated by his emotion.

Niccolò took a drag from his cigarette, hating and loving the burning sensation in his lungs.

His thoughts turned to Camilla. It was unfortunate, that he would have to lie to her and confine her to his apartment in the city, but going back to her medical course was out of the question. Leo was being too careless with something - someone - so valuable.