Chapter 3 ~ The Game

~Emma~

"Will you please just leave me alone?" I asked Kat as she kept trying to get me to go to the game. "Come on Emma please? For Nash? His team is playing too, not just Hayes'. Hayes is playing first then it's Nash." She said. "Then why do I have to go now?" I asked. "At least give the team some support" she said. "Fine, but all I have is this" I said. I held up Hayes' jersey he gave me when we first started dating. "Then here, I'll where my normal bulldog jersey and you can wear the Nash one. It doesn't fit me anymore" she said. I put the Hayes one up and took the Nash one from her. I shut the door and got ready. I'm done wearing the sweats and sweat shirts all the time now. I actually care about my appearance. Specially ever since Shawn kissed me at lunch.. Oh wait SHAWN! I totally forgot I was supposed to go to the park with him. I ran over to my phone and texted him.

Me ~ Hey sorry I can't make it tonight, maybe tomorrow! :(

He responded quickly

Shawn ~ It's okay I'm taking care of my sister anyway, she's sick. :(

I put my phone on the charger since it was at 46%. I walked over to my drawer and got out a white tank top to put on under the jersey. I took off my blue KU t-shirt that was now covered in spaghetti sauce and threw it in the hamper, and grabbed my deodorant. I out it on and slipped on my white tank top. I walked over to my bed and grabbed the jersey. I put it on and took off my pants. I put on some white high waisted shorts, and grabbed my white flip flops. I went out of my room and showed Kat my out fit, and she smiled. "You look good sis, now let's do your hair and makeup!" She said. "Don't worry I'm doing that now" I said and walked up stairs to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw spaghetti sauce on my forehad and cheek. That's was so embarrassing, I glanced over at my hiding spot for my razor. Kat doesn't know that I hide it so she doesn't take it away from me. I took it and cut once again. I made only three. One for Amber, one for Alex, and a big deep one for Hayes. I hurried and out it back and cleaned my wrists before Kat saw again. I put on my radio and one of my favorite songs was playing. "These battle scars, don't look like there fading. Don't look like there ever gonna change" I sang. That described me right now. All these cuts are gonna be are scars. I took my brush and brushed my hair. I don't know what I should do with it. I just put it in a high pony tail with a white poofy hair tie. I went to my room for my bracelets when I saw the necklace. It still had the H with the diamond. Kat must have walked in on me looking at it because she hugged me. "It will get better" she said. "How? It's been 2 years and it's still not better" I said. After I got taken away, my dad made me give the ring back to him. The one he gave to me for my birthday. "Emma, please just forget about him. He's just one of those that gets in a good relationship and once he's out of it, he moves on to the next girl. I'm sorry to say that your just another one of those girls Em" she said. I guess I was... We walked out and saw Matt. He hasn't been talking to me lately. Is it because I cut? Or is it something else. Oh well I guess, I still have the other boys. But Matt was a good friend of mine. We walked out to the car and drove to the stadium. Once we pulled up I met up with Cameron and his girl friend Courtney. (See what I did there). Courtney is my friend. She's also a cheer leader, but she's one of those that are really nice and not snotty just because there with there group. When Courtney left to go practice I sat down with Cam. "He talks about you still" he said. "Who?" I asked. "Hayes, he's been talking about you. It's annoying." He joked. Well about the annoying part. I made my mouth drop and punched him lightly. "Ow jerk" he said, I laughed. Then the game started. "Let's go Grier!" The couch yelled having Hayes come in. I turned around for a second to see if any of my friends were here but then I heard the whistle blow a few times. I looked to see Hayes lying on the ground holding his knee. Then I saw Cameron get out of his seat and run out there on Hayes side. So did Kat, Matt, and I went a head and tagged along. "Is he gonna be okay?" Cam asked. "Not sure but were gonna have to take him to the hospital. It looks like he dislocated his knee." The couch said. When the ambulance pulled up all of us got in there. I sat there with my hand on the bed and Hayes grabbed it. He looked up at me and said. "Thank you" with a slight smile. "For what?" I asked. "For everything" he said. He must be like dizzy or something, he might think I'm Amber or something. I smiled and he still held my hand until we got to the hospital. He let go once they took him to the x-Ray. We waited for a while for results when the doctor came out. "He dislocated his knees, he should keep it on rest for a month or so. "Wait so I can't play football for a month?!?" Hayes asked in a panic way. The doctor nodded. Hayes sighed. I don't hate Hayes, I'm not like mad or anything. It's just that maybe I'm just jealous that he could move on so quick. He was my first and I wanted him to be my last.