"I forgot." she said, not looking up from the phone. Her entire concentration was directed to the screen of the cellphone.

Instantly, Sa'eed collected the phone from her. "Do you want the shaytaan to be happy with you or mislead you?"

She shook her head vigorously. "I don't want that."

"Then you should always pray on time. Shaytaan doesn't like or come near children who pray. Go and perform your ablution now." he ordered.

"Okay," she replied and ran off to the bathroom to do as she was told.

Saeed smiled. He wanted her to get used to not missing any obligatory prayer and also to get used to praying on time - it would be beneficial to her in the future.

~~~

Maryam was seated in her office, going through some patients' files when her phone began to ring. Checking the caller ID, she smiled - it was her husband calling.

"Assalamu'alaykum, habibty."

"Wa'alaykum salam, Habibi." she smiled. In spite of how tired she was just some minutes ago, hearing Sa'eed's voice seemed to have relieved her.

"I came back early today. When are you coming home?" He inquired.

Maryam suppressed a smile - indisputably, he was already missing her. "I'm very sorry, habibi. I won't be able to come back very early today, I still have so much work to do here, but I will be back around 7:00pm, because I'm not on night shift today." she explained apologetically.

He sighed from the other side of the voice. "right then." He sounded disappointed, but what could she do? - it was the nature of her job. He just had to get use to it.

"I promise to wrap things up early and be home soon, okay?"

"Alright." he answered.

"Till then." she remarked and ended the call.

"That was your husband right?" Aisha, her colleague and friend appeared from nowhere and asked.

Maryam flinched a bit. "You startled me." She placed a hand on her chest.

"I'm sorry." She chuckled. "Was that your husband?" She repeated her question.

"Yeah." She replied, trying to hide a smile.

"I guess he is missing you and wants you to return back home," Aisha teased.

Maryam blushed, "I don't think that's the case," she denied.

"Yeah, right." She remarked sarcastically.

"How is khadijah doing?" She inquired. "It's been weeks since I last saw her that cute daughter of yours."

"She's alright." She replied. "She was even pleading with me to take her to your house yesterday."

"Manal misses her so much as well." Manal and Khadijah had only met each other twice and were already very fond of each others' company. Khadijah was a year older than Manal.