Prologue

>>Hermione.

I received an owl the moment I turned eleven. Mum and Dad were in pure shock at first, but came on with it after a short while. It was funny seeing them react, really, because I knew they didn't know what to do with me or my newly discovered "kind". They asked me questions like what are you or are you really our daughter?, but they accepted what I was right after their initial shock.

I spent that summer studying all that was there to be studied in the books. After all, it didn't hurt if I knew a lot. I stuck firm to my belief that knowledge is power, and power is a great many things that you can bend to your will. I also crossed out the days that counted down to the start of school, because I knew that this isn't an ordinary school - it was a place where my life would be changed and rechanged over and over. I organized a planner that included everything I needed to do (it even had a little legend for easy navigation). All these I kept up and prepared until the day when my parents would tell me to go in the car because we'd be leaving for King's Cross soon.

After my things were all packed, I checked my room. Well, I thought, this is it then.

We left for King's Cross at 10:25 and arrived just in time.

Once I entered the station with the Hogwarts Express, I looked around. I saw a pair of grey eyes already looking at me. Thinking it would be rude to ignore the platinum blond-haired boy, I smiled at him. He seemed shocked for a while, but recovered afterwards. He smiled back before his parents looked at me and dragged him away.

-

I got in the train and found out that all the compartments were full. I sighed, frustrated. I got here early, why didn't I get the seats? A thousand complaints started buzzing around my head when I let that first question in, and it distracted me enough for me to bump into that blond boy from awhile ago. He was entering an empty compartment. "Hey," I said, "can I share a compartment?" He looked around before nodding.

I got in and looked at him. "What's your name?" He asked me. 

"I'm Hermione. Hermione Granger. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. Pleasure." He held out a hand. I shook it. 

"So tell me about yourself, Draco Malfoy."

"My parents are Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. I'm a pureblood." He said proudly."I'm muggle-born..." I said. He smirked. I raised my eyebrow. "I see that you don't know my family very well.""Well then, introduce the idea to me." I challenged.

"You see, they hate your kind of wizards. It's not very good, I know, but it's been like a family tradition. My parents were raised up that way, you know, and they raised me the same way too. The only difference is that I only pretend to be proud of being a pureblood. I honestly really don't care." Draco explained. How nice of him, I thought.

Right then a round, chubby boy came in our compartment. "Have you seen a toad? Please help, I think I lost him, his name is Trevor..." He was shaking. From what, I don't know. "Hey, what's your name?" I asked. The boy looked at me with fear and uncertainty before finally speaking. "I'm Neville." He said.

"Alright, Neville. I'll help you find your toad. Draco, nice meeting you." I began to get up.

"You'll go back won't you?" Draco asked, looking at me with those silver eyes that caught my attention a few minutes ago. Or was it just minutes? I completely lost track of time.

"I don't know." I answered. I hope I do.

I helped Neville with his toad, occasionally stopping to talk to the people inside. Nobody's seen his toad yet. Finally, I stopped at a compartment with two boys in it. "Have you seen a toad?" I asked inside. "No." A readhead answered. The one with the black hair smiled at me. I took a seat.

"Holy cricket! You're Harry Potter!" Harry smiled at me. I smiled back. "And you are..?" I asked to the redheaded boy that, a few momens ago, was talking to the Harry Potter. "Ron Weasley." He answered, and looked down.