Chapter 27

Misty's POV

I woke up the next morning to my alarm on my phone going off on my nightstand. I stretched my arms out not opening my eyes.

Okay so today I'll go to my classes and probably hang out with Seth today?

Okay.

I crawled out of bed and went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I closed the door behind me as I turned on the light. My eyes were puffy and squinty. The aftermath of crying the night before.

I tried washing my face a couple of times to make the puffiness go down a little bit but it barely worked. I'll just put on makeup. After spitting out the foamy toothpaste I plugged in my hair straightener deciding to straighten my awkward wavy hair that was bending in different directions.

After I finished taming my mane I unplugged the straightener and opened my bathroom door. I rubbed my eyes trying to take the puffiness away walking to my dresser to pick out clothes for today.

As I pulled open one of the drawers I hear groaning and a yawn behind me.

I dropped my clothes. I felt my heart pounding inside of me. What the fuck?

I was probably imagining things. My heart was still pounding as I picked my clothes up turning around.

"What the fuck! Calum?!"

I jumped and screamed and held my poor heart that was pounding so hard I swore Calum could've heard it across the room.

He just sat there and smiled lazily and waved.

"What are you doing here?"

I almost yelled realizing I was holding my bra separate from my actual clothes. I quickly wrapped my shirt around it clutching the pile to my stomach walking to the bathroom.

Calum didn't reply but he stood up from my bed and slowly walked to his duffel bag that was on the ground.

Why didn't I notice him while I was asleep? I was so confused. Why is he here? He has some guts to come back to me.

I couldn't care at this moment because I needed to get to my classes before they started. I quickly undressed and put my clothes on and checking my hair and applying some mascara so that my eyes didn't look too puffy.

I quickly ran out of my bathroom searching for my phone which was out of sight.

"Here."

Calum said holding out my phone to me. I took it and eyed him suspiciously.

"Thanks."

I didn't say anything else because I decide to give him the silent treatment for the day. I grabbed my book bag and took my keys off the night stand preparing myself before I went downstairs to grab a granola bar.

"Misty, are you mad at me?"

Calum asked before I opened my door. My heart stopped and I was speechless. I turned around and saw him sitting on my bed with his head down playing with his fingers.

"I don't know."

I sighed telling him truthfully. I tried avoiding any actual contact with him until I've made up my mind. I was ready to go opening my book bag counting my notebooks and textbooks until I felt a hand on my elbow.

"Can I-we fix this?"

His voice was low and pleading. I looked past him to my digital clock on my nightstand it was 9:30 already and I needed to leave.

"Cal-"

"Please."

His grip on my elbow tightened and his face became sad.