Prologue

Prologue

*3 years ago*

We lay there in my bed thinking what to say next until I break the silence.

"Calum? Are you still awake?"

I turn to look up at his brown eyes.

He turns to his side and faces me.

"Yeah I can't sleep thinking of tomorrow." he sighs and looks up at the ceiling.

I sigh as well considering what to say next.

Calum looks in my eyes.

"How are you feeling about this, Misty?"

"Scared" I state but my voice fails me as it cracks.

I can tell he heard it because he sits up and props me up too. He holds my arms firmly and brings his hand under my chin to lift my face up so that I am looking at him directly at his eyes.

"What are you scared of?"

I look away unsure of the answer. I want to say that I'm scared of being left behind or being forgotten.

"Misty, tell me."

"I'm scared that you'll forget me once you go on tour tomorrow. I'm scared you'll find someone new. i'm scared that you won't love me like you do now."

Everything slips out of my mouth and I can't stop my words from continuing.

"You-you do love me right?"
I stutter nervously.

He says nothing so I start to climb off of his lap to go to the bathroom but he stops me abruptly with his lips crashing into mine. he flips me over and mumbles through our kiss.

"I love you so much you should know that."

He pulls away and cups my face in his hands.

"I won't ever forget you, Misty. you gave me so much to remember."

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck.

And in that moment I thought we would be okay.

I thought we would last.

I thought he would never forget me.

Well I thought wrong.