Chapter 22

Calum's POV

I arrived at Mona's house and parked on the opposite side of the street so there would be no suspicion.

I texted her to tell her that I was there but she didn't reply so I walked up to her door and rang the doorbell.

Still no answer.

I tried the doorknob and it gave in.

"Hello?"

I said sticking my head through the doorway. I closed the door behind me and walked through the familiar house. There wasn't a noise throughout the house.

"Mona?"

I said walking in her kitchen.

No one was there. I walked up the stairs and looked through each room that's door was open. Her room was the last room to the right. I passed by a room with its door closed. It used to be my room when the boys and I first came to London for the tour. I decided to go to Mona's room first.

Her room was cracked open with the lights on. I opened the door and saw her lying on her side sleeping.

I walked in and closed the door behind me quietly so I wouldn't wake her up. Her cheeks were red. Probably from crying. I almost felt bad for her. There was a stray tear that was on the side of her cheek. I quickly wiped it away waking her up.

"Hey."

She sleepily said as she stretched out and made room for me to sit.

"Hi."

I sat down far from her to keep our distance.

"I didn't think that you would come."

She sat up with her back leaning on the wall.

"Yeah me too."

I looked down at my hands playing with my fingers.

"Why did you break up with me actually Calum?"

She looked down at her crumpled blankets.

To be honest I didn't know either.

"Calum?"

Mona asked still waiting for my answer.

"I uh."

I cleared my throat shifting on the bed uncomfortably.

"You don't know do you?"

I felt guilty. I nodded at her not making eye contact.

"I think I know why."

She said almost in a whisper. I didn't want to say anything to hurt her anymore than I did.

"It's because you saw her right?"

She put her hand under my chin and lifted my face up so that I was looking straight into her eyes.

"Misty. You saw Misty."

I was silent because it was true. She sighed and dropped her hand from my face.

"You only saw Misty and she was the only reason why huh."

I stiffened and bit my lip frowning. From the corner of my eye I saw her run a hand through her hair.

"I'm sorry."

I lamely said. She stood up and walked out of her room.

"Mona wait."

She closed the door behind me leaving me alone in her room. It crushed me to see her like this. I turned around and saw that she took down all of our pictures that we took together except one. It was on the ground-probably fell from the cork board or something. I picked it up and looked at it.