Ch 22. Through Scenes 2

SORRY! LAST TIME I- Okay, stop writing in caps, Sapphire. Last time, I didn't have enough to finish, so I'm making a part 2 instead of FREAKING ADDING MORE TO THAT ONE! (Again with the caps.) Enjoy! :)

      Dream realized his arm ached more than he had thought from swinging his wand so hard at Error. As he felt his way through the eerie darkness around the border of the AU, he could sense that his least favorite thing to see here was near. But the weirdest thing was, he heard what sounded like... Crying. Crying. He thought this place had been wiped out, but he for sure heard that. He quietly as possible slipped around the dust and burnt grass, toward the center of the AU. It was one of the smallest AUs, with only a few kilometers of space. About the size of Cloud City. Soon enough, he reached the rock he had remembered from a long time ago. He would always sit on it on the small hill that was there that snuck up not far from the castle. As he stepped down the steep slope, he could hear it more clearly. But, suddenly, it stopped. It just... Stopped. Just like that, as if to lure him to there. "Hello?" He tried to act polite, but there was no answer.

   It was Dream. He was really here. What was he doing here? Had he not expected to see him here? Get out of here, he thought, and sucked in his sides, trying to make himself smaller and hide behind the stump. If he tried to run away, that wouldn't end well; Dream would hear him running, especially because of the unfortunately crusty black grass. He slightly gasped when he felt a warm hand touch his shoulder plate. "What do you want, Dream?" His voice said in its deep sound, and Nightmare heard his brother sigh and he felt him sit down right next to him, crowding him the most he'd probably ever been crowded. "I want to know what you're doing here. And... Tell you I'm sorry." "For what?" Nightmare asked gruffly, ignoring the first statement. "For every bad thing everyone says to you."  Nightmare looked away from him as his brother grabbed his arm and started crying. He hoped Dream hadn't heard him before, but that was probably hopeless already. "I'm the one who should be sorry..." "For what?" He could sense Dream's smile through the darkness. "For... everything."