Chapter Thirty Three - Drunk

I walk down the street, my bar within my sights. Lou had been taking care of it while I had been away, and I could tell we still had a butt load of business. I smile when I see Ian at the door alongside Nick. I was ready to be back in there, making drinks and kicking the butt of anyone that tried to start something.

        I walk up to the door, and Nick is looking at a clipboard with Ian looking over his shoulder. I walk up to them, the click of my short heels rebounding of the pavement.

        "Sorry lady, the bar's full." Nick says without looking up. Ian points something out on the clipboard, and I giggle.

        "You can't make an exception?" I ask in a high pitched voice. Ian shakes his head.

        "Rules are rules." He says.

        "Not even for me?" I ask in my normal voice. Ian looks up at me before looking back down at the clipboard, before doing a double take, a large smile splitting across his face.

        "Rose!" He exclaims, running up and wrapping me in a hug. He swings me around, and I'm laughing, hugging him back. He finally sets me down. "You're back!"

        "Finally." Nick says. He slowly walks over before wrapping me up in a hug as well. "Does this mean we all get a month and a half vacations?" He asks. I laugh.

        "Perk of being the boss." I say. He sighs, but smiles at me anyway.

        "We missed you girly." Ian says. "Scared us half to death."

        "I'm sorry." I say.

        "Lou, Ryan, and the twins are going to be ticked." Nick comments. I grimace. "Not to mention it will be ridiculously hard to even get to the bar. We're packed tonight." I frown.

        "I was worried about that." I mutter. "It's still karaoke night, right?" I ask, an idea coming to mind. The nod, and I smile. "Good." I say, and they let me walk in.

        True to Nick's word, it is absolutely packed. I have to worm through the tightly packed bodies to even see the bar, and I can't see Lou or the twins over the pack of bodies. I go over to where Ryan is running the karaoke system, and walk up behind him. "Think I can go next?" I half-yell. I had to to be heard over the crowd.

        "You've got to wait, there's a list." He yells back.

        "Please?" I ask, putting my hand on his shoulder. He turns around, and I can tell he's about to shout out, so I put a finger to my lips, motioning for him to be quiet. He nods quickly, and I point out the song that I'm singing. He chuckles and rolls his eyes, handing me the mike and getting the song ready.

        "Can I have your attention ladies and gentlemen?" I ask into the mike. I get a few people to look at me, but not as many as I'd like. "I'd like to dedicate this song to the hardworking staff of this fine establishment." Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ryan stifle a laugh as he starts the music.

        'What you been doing out here since I've been away?'
        'Have you been good,'
        'Have you been bad,'
        'Did you behave?'
        'It's alright.'
        'I'm here tonight, I'm taking back what's mine.'

        'I know you heard some rumors wonder if they're true'
        'But just be patient, I'ma show you something new'
        'Yeah  that's right'
        'I'm here tonight, I'm taking back what's mine.'

        'I can tell that you've missed me'
        ''cause your eyes give it away'
        'I know you can't resist me'
        'So tell me'
        'tell me'
        'tell me'
        'tell me'

        'Tell me girl that you're listening'
        'You know I'm dying to feel it'
        'So show me'
        'show me'
        'Show me that you missed me'

        I've gotten a lot of attention now, and I can see into the bar area where Lou, Carrie, and Terri are. All three of them are looking at me, and I can see them laughing. I finish out 'Did you miss me?' by Olly Murs and hand Ryan back the mike before jumping off the stage. I run over to the bar and dart around behind it. It only takes a second before I'm enveloped in hugs by Lou and the twins.