Chapter Twenty Seven - Plane Trip

One thing I need to add to my list of odd facts about Bruce. He is a serial spooner. I woke up to the alarm blaring on the end table next to me, and when I went out to reach for it, the two arms around my waist tightened. I froze, my arm halfway out towards the alarm. All of the exhaustion that had been clouding my mind moments before had vanished.

        Bruce's face nuzzles farther into the crook of my neck, and I'm not sure what to do. Do I let him be, or wake him up? Screw it. I relax and lean into him slightly, waiting for the alarm to wake him up. It takes a good minute, and I feel him stir. His hands tighten around my waist again, before his entire body goes stiff. "Morning Bruce." I say quietly. "Did you know you spoon people in your sleep? Because I've noticed." I feel his arms quickly release, and I turn on the bed to face him.

        "I.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean too.." He trails off. I can't help it, and I giggle.
        "Bruce, it's okay. We were asleep. Not much either of us could do about it." He relaxes slightly, and I sit up, finally able to stop the alarm clock. "Why on earth did you set the alarm for six thirty am? We don't have to be there until nine."

        "I thought we would need a little time to figure out how to.. break it to everyone that you're here." I turn and look at him curiously.

        "I take it that it would be bad for both of us to show up?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

        "If we wanted to give Tony a mental breakdown, then yes." He says. I sigh, and run a hand through my hair.

        "Alright. Let's make a plan."

Bruce's POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        "You were almost late Bruce." Tony comments. "Okay, why are my drinks missing?" He asks, looking in the cabinet. "I didn't drink anything last night, I think I deserve a reward for holding out."

        "I accidentally slept in, and Clint and Nat drained them all last night after Nat drugged you." I respond. Clint had told me after I had gotten on the plane.

        "What? Why?!" He asks, turning around angrily.

        "Because believe it or not, watching you drink yourself to death isn't exactly our favorite pastime." Nat says. Tony huffs and collapses in a chair. The plane jerks forward as we begin forward, starting takeoff. I look down at my watch. Ten minutes. Everyone sort of settles down, Steve turning on a movie on the television that someone had recommended to get him up to speed with the Twenty-first Century. Forest Gump, actually.

        "Sir," Jarvis pauses the movie, coming on over the loudspeakers. I glance down at my watch. She's two minutes early.

        "What is it Jarvis?" Tony groans, sitting up in his chair.

        "The tracker on Miss Rose's phone has reactivated." Tony, and everyone else in the room for that matter, bolt up in their seats. I do the same, trying to act as surprised as they are.

        "What? Where?" Tony half yells, demanding answers.

        "On the plane, sir." Everything sort of goes still.

        "Its... its where?" Tony asks quietly. "On the plane?"

        "Yes sir. I cannot get an exact location, but it is on the plane." There is a slight sound of a muffled crash, and everyone in the room turns to look at the bathroom door as it opens.

        "Gosh dang it Jarvis." Rose mutters, slamming the bathroom door. "Was kinda hoping you wouldn't say anything."

        "Sorry ma'am, but if I didn't tell Mr. Stark immediately, I would be terrified for my programming." Rose full out laughs.