11. Reunion

Natsu POV:

I watched as the towns doctor carefully healed Luce's open wound. To be honest it was painful to watch, with every touch Lucy winced. I felt utterly hopeless. I got so overwhelmed I had to leave her room for an hour. I had to clear my head and take a walk to cleanse my thoughts and mentally prepare myself.

Right as I came back from my mental healing walk the Doc was wrapping Luce's tattered wings. He was shaking his head as he wrapped the damaged and bloodied wings. I frowned upon sight of them, mostly because I felt horrible that Luce was in such a painful state, but a part of me felt betrayed. I felt disgusted for feeling such a terrible emotion when the woman I cared for the most in the world was fatally injured, but I just couldn't shake it off. It felt as if Lucy was living a completely different life then what I had thought. The major question in my head though was 'why did she lie to me for so long.' 

I cleared my thoughts, reclaiming the chair on Lucy's left side. The Doc left shortly after I got back, he told me that Luce will be fine, that she just needs rest. Lots and lots of rest. I was eager for Luce to wake, but after several hours I gave in to my exhaustion. I may have been resting, but it was far from peaceful and refreshing. Nightmares dancing under my eyelids, taunting me with evil words and crude images and memories of Lucy's lifeless and bloodied body. 

Lucy POV:

As I came too images of my mother filled my every thought. I awake in a freezing hospital bed and a wet face. It took me several seconds to realize I was silently crying. As I wiped my face and slowed my heart beat, that proved to be a hard task considering my heart was screaming like I had been running 10,000 marathons. Finally pulling myself together I noticed something warm on my left leg. I looked down, surprised, to see a devastating image. Laying sleeping on my leg was a very pained looking Natsu. His face was in twists, his forehead was sweating, and I could feel his heartbeat rapidly beating against my left thigh. I Sighed and instinctively I unknowingly stroked his beautiful salmon colored hair. When I realized I was tasseling his spiked hair I quickly pulled my hand away, immediately embarrassed. I could feel my face, it was definitely redder than a strawberry. 

My stomach was in knots and my emotions were running rampant. I felt like I was on a roller coaster of feelings, I was terrified, I was torn, I was angry, I was depressed, I was happy, I was excited, I was lost, and most of all I was heartbroken. I also felt a sense of relieve, knowing Natsu had been here watching over me, just like he always was. As I took a breath of air, cleaning my thoughts, my chest tightened at the thought of Natsu knowing my secret. Knowing that I lied to him all these years. Knowing I lied to everyone I ever loved, everyone that had trusted me and welcomed me into their lives and their Guild. I was a traitor to them. I remembered all those times I blew my team off to go on solo missions all the times I avoided them to protect my secret, to protect mom's secret. Either way, being in this situation I was at a lost. I'm breaking someone's promises in both situations.  

I was too busy feeling like shit to realize that Natsu was waking up. Before I knew it I had two shinning onyx eyes staring at me with both pain and absolute joy in them. As I stared into Natsu's eyes I felt my entire soul freeze, all the way from the top my head to the ends of my toes. His gaze was just too powerful. I break our gaze and decided to look at the floor like it was the most important thing in the world. As I anxiously stared at the unforgiving and unwavering floor I could feel Natsu's intense gaze. I knew fully well he was staring at me, with sadness, maybe happiness, or ever disappointment. I don't know, but I just couldn't bring myself to look up. I wasn't ready for this moment, not ever. 

Natsu POV: 

After fighting off the nightmares for who knows how long I decided I had enough. I fought with them one last time in attempt to wake myself up. Surprisingly I succeeded, but what I saw when I woke up was even more surprising. I starred in awe, its as if the sun was in front of me. So bright and beautiful. I had to pinch myself and blink a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming again. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. There in front of me were the most alluring eyes I had ever laid eyes upon, eyes I had worried I would never see again. 

Before I knew what was happening my body leaped up and clung to a very dazed looking Luce. I hugged her so tight, I thought I might crush her. I couldn't help myself though, I felt if I let her go I would never see her again. Like she was a beautiful butterfly that I wished so badly to keep, but flew away in the blink of an eye. I know it may have been selfish but dammit I missed her, I missed her scent, her golden soft hair, her alluring chocolate eyes, her strong and stubborn personality, just all of her. 

As I held her close, I cried into her hair, and whispered how much I missed and needed her. It too her a few minutes to process what was happening, but soon I felt her touch, she hugged me back just as much. I even felt several cold wet tears fall onto my back. I smiled so so happy to be here with Luce again, knowing that she was going to be okay. 

As much as I enjoyed our reunion, I clamped my hands onto her shoulders and held her at arms length. I looked at her face, at her tears that were racing down her cheeks. She wouldn't make eye contact with me, I figured I knew why though. I lifted my right hand up to her cheek and pulled her hair back behind her ear, then I wiped away her tears. I put my forehead to her forehead and whispered

"I missed you Luce."

I could see a faint smile on her lips, which caused me to smile. She still wouldn't make eye contact yet, but at least I knew I could still make her smile. We stayed like that for a while longer and then when I pulled back I said to her.

"Luce tell me what happened, please." 

"Natsu... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."