9. I Won't Die Today

Lucy POV: 

The battle was almost over of that I'm sure, there are less than 15 demons running around. We can definitely handle them I'm sure of it, we've already come this far. I slashed another few throats, and the bodies turned to black ooze. Now only 3 remained.  I summed a golden orb, readying myself against my next opponent. Adaline took down another one and Agnes and her flock were killing the last two, I looked out at the battlefield to see if there were anymore demons in the area, but I saw none. Well that was my mistake, and it cost me. It cost me dearly, how had I been so damned foolish.

As the last body turned to soot and blew away in the cold night's wind, a strange howl sound was heard from the forest. We all turned towards it and there appeared a large wolf beast with a rider upon its back. I readied my weapons and prepared my battle stance as did Agnes and Adaline. Adaline still in her Huntress from growled a warning to the beast and the man on the beast. I couldn't quite see any of his features besides something atop his head. He approached at a great speed and within minutes he was standing across from us, I still couldn't make out exactly what he looked like though. The man got off the three headed wolf creature and stood on the ground beside it. He looked at us, as a starving wolf would look at a helpless rabbit. What a creep, I'm getting a major bad vibe from this man. He's defiantly up to no good. He smiled in a sadistic way and then stared over at me and he laughed uncontrollably. His eeriness gave me chills throughout my entire body and mind. I know we can take him, three against two bodies and four heads. As mom always said "Nothing to fear, but fear itself." I smiled and held up my hand to my chest and the three of us watched and waited, studying the man and his great beast. 

"So you must be the three that defeated my entire army, a? Wow isn't that a surprise. Let's see how you fair in battle. You're defiantly going to die here today, I guarantee it." 

Said the creepy man. Well he seems quite arrogant so we might as well prove him wrong and hurt that large pride of his. I forced some more magical power into my sword and watched the creep, waiting for a good time to strike him down. And then something unexpected happened, he waved to his wolf beast and walked away, but the beast stayed. This could be bad or this could be easy? Maybe?

Akura POV:                                       ^^^^What AKURA looks like^^^^

What a stupid girl she thinks she can take on my beautiful three headed wolf, no one can beat him. He is immortal after all. What fools, they don't even have a clue, but I know their every thought, desire, wish, hope, love, and emotion. I know everything about them. How boring *yawns* I hope this show gets more interesting, because if I get bored, bad things are going to happen. 

Lucy POV:

The beast growled at us and then something unexpected happened, it screamed. The sound was ear piercing, we all held our ground. Adaline was shaking and she looked pained by the noise Agnes was covering her ears, and I was stand their cringing as the noise busted my eardrums. It soon stopped and advanced towards Agnes and her birds, Adaline let out a battle cry as more creatures approached from the east, I was stocked to see more of those beasts. How was that even possible, the creep said we defeated his minions and all their bodies still littered the ground. I was taken-a-back but now was not the time to think, it was the time to attack. I launched myself into the air again and did a barrier roll and shoot out light rays at the wave of beasts running towards us, I just don't understand how there are so many of these things. Adaline was attacking the feet of the three-headed wolf and Agnes was sending her companions charging into the wolfs back while she herself was attacking its lower back. I summoned a few orbs of light and allowed them to float around me, and when the demons got too close I slammed my hand forward and aimed them at the enemies. I was just getting the chance to catch my breath when I say Adaline throw herself into one of the wolves neck, the three headed beast screeched it tried to slash at her in attempts to swat her off, but Adaline was quicker she jumped into the air and gored the same head once again, the head screeched and whimpered but Adaline didn't stop for a second she continuously attacked. It was starting to look like we were going to win this battle when pain and death reared its ugly face. 

I was about to send my orb at the huge wolf beast, when I heard the most heartbreaking sound I had ever heard. I snapped my body in the direction of the noise and what I saw before me shattered my heart. There in the middle wolves mouth was a heavily bleeding Adaline, her fur was  stained with blood and more was just gashing out of her stomach. Her eyes were looking at me, she looked so helplessly and death was in her eyes, so much pain. Tears flooded my vision and in a heartbeat I flew at the wolves head faster than I had ever flew, I slammed my entire body into its jaw and quickly grabbed Adaline as she fell to the ground motionless. I caught her in my arms and held her tight to my chest I was crying so much that I couldn't even see her. When I thought we were far enough away at least for a little bit I landed, still holding my exceed close to me.

Her breathes were so rapidly and erratic, some of her flesh was so deeply gone that two of her ribs were exposed, and even blood was dripping from her mouth. I got on my knees and paced her head on my lap and I cradled her. I immediately tore the softer clothe of my armor and wrapped it tightly around her exposed ribs and I did my best to stop the bleeding, but there was just so much. Her lively eyes were now faded and her face was filled with absolute pain and looks of regret.   

"Adaline, Adaline look at me. Please look at me Addy. Come on don't give up I need you to stay with me, everything's going to be okay you just have to keep fighting." I was bawling, and I was pleading with her not to leave me, she couldn't we had just found each other again. I refuse to let my best friend die so horribly. I can't and won't accept it, not in the slighted. 

"L-Lady.... Lu.. cy you have to list...en to me. I beg you. I'm not...go..ing to make it an..d I need for you to be str..ong, for me." She coughed and more blood appeared, I cried even more, no she was giving up, she can't I won't let her. 

"No Adaline you need to fight it please I'm begging you. I need you, Addy you're my best friend and you always have been, you're so much more than my protector. I refuse to let you die in front of me like this, you're going to pull through this somehow you have to. I need you Addy." I cried and held her now small paw, she was so weak now that she was returning to her exceed form.

"My la..dy you and I both kn..ow I'm not going to be okay.... I ne...ed you to save yourself and go finish this battle be...fore I cause your... dea...th. Ple..ase my la..dy go now and fight... for me.. this one la...st time. I love you too la...dy Lu..cy and you're my be..st fri..end too." 

She smiled sadly and with the rest of her strength put her paw on my cheek, and then it dropped and her eyes went blank. I cried out and screamed her name but it wasn't any use she couldn't hear me anymore. It was too late. This was all my fault. I'm the reason my best friend died. It was all my fault if I hadn't chosen this stupid job by myself. If I would have invited Natsu and Erza and Gray, this wouldn't have happened. Adaline would be okay and unharmed. What have I done, I can't fix my mistake this time. 

Akura POV: 

  "What a let down to think you are from Layla Heartfilia's bloodline, what a joke. You are nothing more than a stupid bitch that thinks she's all that, so stupid. Oh I'll enjoy devouring that shapely bodies of yours little girl."  

I tsked as I stared at the pitiful sight before me.   I stared down at the girl and her dying cat, I felt pity but nothing more. I sighed and then snapped my fingers, summoning Arcas. I left the dumb and useless girl with her dead cat and then I mounted up on my hellhound, and we left.

"How sad I wished for a good fight. Is it that horrible to wish for a suitable opponent for once, they are all the same. So weak, you're all so fragile, break just like a twig with just a tap." I groaned and held my face with my palms, not bothering to look back at the blonde. 

"Who cares what happens to her she won't make it more than a day by herself. She hasn't even bothered to looked for the old hag, not like it matters anyway the hags throat is bleeding out as we speak Arcas." I said patting my beauty, he grumbled. I smiled "Good doggie."