Everyone starts looking around; our couple wasn't a secret. We even had fan clubs rooting for our happiness. All the eyes await a response, my response. It's automatic; I lift my hand and imitate the movement; the crowd is in a frenzy as the cameras zoom on my gesture.

I don't know if my presence or the sign does anything, but Soo Ae shoots as though her body invested with the spirit of Artemis.

The commentators are crazy; I don't even dare look at my phone as I can imagine social media gossip building around our secret message.

It's no surprise to see Soo Ae stand on the highest march when the prizes are distributed.

Here Soo Ae takes off her cap, she gorgeous and I clap with all my might. She bows to the crowd and turns to do a heart sign with her hands in my direction.

The attention is too much for me, I got carried away, and it won't be long before she joins us. I'm embarrassed because I'm back in reality, and everything which occurred during the last two hours was a mirage.

Pabeo [idiot].

What was I thinking?

I can already imagine the expression on her face when she sees me. My expectations are far from meeting reality. Soo Ae harbors a massive smile as I hand her the bouquet, and the few flashes in my direction put a lot of pressure on my shoulders.

"Kim Ssi."

"Kim Ssi."

The reporters repeat my name so many times that I get the impression the journalists are saying Kimchi.

"Kim Ssinen, are you resuming your career?"

"Kim Ssinen, are you two back together?"

What did I expect?

I might have turned the page, but I left the world with question marks.

Not many know about the accident. It was the scrolling line at the bottom of the news bulletin screen, my surname being common, no one associated my family's death with me. The population got a pretentious statement that I was taking a break from a career that was still on its starting block.

I manage to wiggle myself out of the situation with a few smiles, and Soo Ae takes the lead, answering that it's our private life. She's a pro; I feel tiny next to this confident woman who is now in casual attire.

I had almost forgotten how beautiful she was; right now, she is shining as a woman but also as a champion athlete.

"Come on, kids," Soo Ae's mother says.

Soo Ae takes my hand spontaneously, and we leave. It's difficult for me to accept the fact she is holding my hand; it feels awkward.

A leash, that's how it feels.

I regret, coming here was stupid.

Once outside, I opt for a quick exit," eh, I came on my bike, I can't leave it, and I forgot I've gotㅡ."

My comment makes everyone turn, "ah, well, if you have to goㅡ," starts Soo Ae's mother, who seems relieved.

"I'll go with Tae Won."

"Soo Ae," yells her mother.

I can tell this was not the plan Soo Ae's parents had in mind, and neither did I.

"Uhm, Tae Won, can't I?" Soo Ae asks in a mink voice.

With all the eyes upon me, I can't refuse, at least I managed to avoid a dinner with her parents and the embarrassing questions like:

What do you do now?

How do you get by financially?

What are your plans for the future?

It is a precise checklist to see if they can reconsider me as a potential son-in-law, but that's not what I hoped for when I choose to come and watch her. And at this instant, I wish it's not what Soo Ae desires.

We head to my bike, "where do you want to go?"

"To your place," Soo Ae answers.

It's blunt and direct; that's fierce Soo Ae for you. How to not be attracted to this confidence?

Bewitched by her stare, I climb on my bike without a word, and she follows, clinging to me like in the old days.

The only thing which crosses my mind is: THIS IS WRONG.

Despite the mental warning, I start the engine.