Flowers for Miss Oswald [Whouffaldi]

First of all, happy (late/early) Valentine's Day! Whether you're celebrating it alone, with someone, or with fictional characters, I hope you enjoy this. :)

Second, I'll be making more whouffle fanfictions soon. My schedule is wonk right now but when I get my priorities straight, whouffle will return! I do have some...drafts coming. I hope.

Note: Danny is disregarded as a love interest, but the events of the Caretaker did take place- minus Danny and Clara loving him etc, etc, etc.

--

Another day at Coal Hill, yet this was different. It was Valentine's Day and Clara didn't have a Valentine this year. She was essentially used to it, as she wasn't really the most appealing woman in her teens. Not that she didn't want to date anyone, she just didn't care much for it. She was one of those straight A students, the ones that don't care for other people and only for success. Unfortunately, that mentality led her to hardly having any sort of relationship.

She had thought she had struck it with her odd Doctor, the bow-tie clad one. She fell in love with him, but then he changed. Although it was a surprise, her feelings remained the same for the alien, no matter what face he wore or who he was. She still loved him nonetheless. It was unfortunate when he didn't return the same feelings, after the specific boundaries had been placed by him. She pretended none of it bothered her, but it did.

Clara sighed, walking through the hallways of Coal Hill. She was a little tardy than her usual time, due to the surprising amount of traffic due to some bickering on the street about something, along with some other strange developments that weren't normal to her average routine. The amount of people almost getting run over was astounding, to each of which she got out of her car and made sure they were all okay, resulting almost half an hour of checking in with every individual. Luckily, everyone was okay and none of them had any desire to get run over. It was just by accident, they said, and she took their word for it after letting all those people go into safe hands.

Nonetheless, she kept her head up and continued the thought to herself, imagining the Doctor being romantic. This one, especially. The stick insect with silver curls that were soft to the touch, even desiring anything of that sort. She chuckled to herself. There was no way he would be into that. He was the Doctor; he was asexual or something of that sort. She let her imagination wander, thinking of him doing domestic Valentine's day things, bringing her flowers and chocolates or taking her on a date. Being a traveler, she also thought of possible dates in space that could go wrong. She wouldn't even be surprised if he intended to take her on a date with a perfectly safe planet only for it to be raided by Sontarans or some other villain.

Ah, what are you thinking Oswald? He's not like that. The Doctor? No, not in any sort of millennia. He's the Doctor. He doesn't do that.

She finally reached her classroom, humming to herself. She inserted the key into the keyhole and turned it slowly, opening the door with a yawn. She opened her eyes for one moment and was met with quite the floral surprise.

She knew she wasn't a normal person, but this was just ridiculous.

From the ceiling to the floor, it was covered in multitudes of flowers. The floor had rose petals everywhere, even on top of each student's desk. The assortment was of different types, from roses, marigolds, tulips, jonquils- one could name any sort of flower and could probably find it here. She walked around, smelling each flower. They were all fresh, much to Clara's enjoyment. She circled back to her desk. A single solitary rose was on top of it and she placed her stuff down, picking it up. The deep red matched the color of her dress and she smiled to herself. Who did this?

"Holy shit." The voice caused her to turn. It was Courtney Woods.

"Language!" Clara scolded on reflex. Courtney rolled her eyes.