The Muse [Whouffaldi]

Honestly, I'm just writing so I can push myself away from anything terrible. I challenged myself by trying to describe Jenna Coleman the best I could.

The lack of inspiration drove him absolutely insane.

Now normally, John, also known as the Doctor in the artist world, was cunning, brilliant, with a dash of amazing when it came to his artwork. He knew how he wanted to paint/draw/sketch it, what tools and colours to use, and more importantly, what to paint/draw/sketch in the first place. He always had ideas, from the rich architecture in Kensington Court, to portraits of his friends. Yet, for the life of him, he couldn't figure something out this time.

Not even the stars in the sky inspired him and it was driving the dear old John insane.

One Saturday evening, he walked into a coffee shop, owned by his adopted brother's mother-in-law, Jackie Tyler. She offered him a small smile, whipping up the usual for him. He clutched onto his sketchbook, his eyes scanning for a vacant seat, when he spotted her.

Her, being a beautiful young woman, just sitting in the corner, with the only vacant seat being right across from her. He gulped audibly and met Jackie's knowing look. She already knew what was going on and he didn't even have to say a word as she motioned for him to take a seat besides the lass with a jerk of her thumb. The way the woman's hair was parted and how her body just seemed to work with what she was wearing- oh and her lips, those full, cherry lips, they brought him more inspiration than he ever could have gotten while he sulked. He managed to somehow get his legs to work as he went for the vacant seat.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked the lass, who looked up and met his eyes. Her eyes were positively beautiful- if he wasn't an artist, he could probably write a novel, all on her eyes. The way she looked at him, then her smile, the way her dimples formed- it was enough for him to strike much inspiration.

"No, no, go on ahead." She motioned for him to sit and he nodded weakly, taking his seat. Jackie came around, placing a decaf coffee and a strawberry tart on the table. She winked at him, already knowing what was to come. Not many brought John speechless, but when they did, there was usually a purpose. John huffed, sipping his coffee and clutching his sketchbook tightly. He determined ways to steal glances to her, without making it look completely obvious that he was practically staring at her. She looked back to her papers, which she seemed to be grading. A teacher and judging by the lengthy essays, a English one at that. He smiled slightly, putting his cup down as he opened his fresh brown sketchbook to the first page and took his drafting pencil from his hoodie pocket.

He started with her basic facial shape with his first stroke as the lead hit the paper. She would look up occasionally and pick up her coffee cup, making it easy for him to get every part of her round shaped face. Her face wasn't quite long, with just the right proportions that seemed so appealing to the eye. He liked the dips and slight curves she was graced with. He wondered if she was a model. She could definitely catch the eyes of some photographers who shared this same liking of beauty.

He brought his attention to her nose next. It was a funny little thing, with a short length. He didn't see many adults with button noses, as it was mainly children. He found it endearing, the way it just worked in her favor. A cute little nose. Just like herself.

Her eyes were a feat in itself. Sometimes, she'd stare out the window, giving him the perfect angle he needed of her eyes. She seemed to be a feisty young woman, with all the little anecdotes she was giving to her students in the margins, yet when she looked up, they were innocent brown eyes, with a hint as though she was troubled, deep inside. There were slight bags under her eyes, despite her attempts to cover it up with light makeup. He also noticed how her eyes seemed to droop ever so slightly, but she'd always force herself awake. Being a teacher must be difficult, he thought as he captured her eyes on paper.