The Hand Holding Experiment Pt. 3 [Whouffaldi]

I had though this would only be three parts, but I ended up giving a cliff hanger. I am so sorry! Enjoy, though. There will be one last part, I swear.

 Hobbiton, by the way, is in New Zealand. Look it up if you don't know what it is!

--

The Doctor finally concluded that experiment one hundred and twelve would be the successful one.

He landed on the planet of Liefde, after enough hours for Clara to recuperate from whatever she may be doing. He did enough calculations to settle on a hand holding position and Liefde was a planet that was mainly known for their telepathy, something he was well versed in and could explain to her with gusto and amaze her, as he usually did. The Doctor was sure Clara would enjoy the telepathic waterfalls, which would settle on what her mind was thinking and create beautiful images. Being a seasoned time and space traveler, the Doctor was also sure it would be a beautiful display.

The TARDIS, at that moment, decided to come out and once again give him the talk, but using a hologram. The old girl had used one of his regrets, Donna Noble, on display. Not that he regretted any second with the wonderful temp from Chiswick, of course not, it was just the idea of what he had done to her. Which was probably why the TARDIS was using her image.

"Why are you doing this?" The hologram demanded. He flinched slightly at the sound of her voice.

"Why are you in the image of Donna?" He fired back.

"You erased Donna Noble's memory. You did it to save her life. What life are you saving here?" The image of Donna crossed her arms, glaring. It was hard to not look at her, the wonderful woman who had become the Doctor Donna. The woman who should have had many more adventures with him, but couldn't. She forgot him, but he never forgot her.

"I thought I had told you not to come unless I had asked." He muttered, continuing more calculations on his chalkboard. "And I thought we went over this! If this does not work, I will tell her directly!"

"Or if it was an emergency." The TARDIS added on and the Doctor scowled. The image of Donna sighed, "I know you, Doctor. You will probably do the opposite and continue to run, just like you always do." With the Doctor's silence, the TARDIS continued, "You shouldn't be wiping Clara's mind like that."

"Since when did you start addressing her by her first name? Actually, since when did you even start to care about Clara? Last I heard, you were still moving her bedroom and doing things to frustrate her." The Doctor frowned and the image put it's hands on it's hips. Something Clara would do.

"We have grown to become friends. She is no longer a mystery. She is now what keeps you grounded." The image simply stated, then changed to the bow-tie clad mad man of his last regeneration. "Will you listen to your past incarnation?"

"I'm not listening to you." He said, putting more pressure onto his chalk as he wrote down the name of the waterfalls.

"Really then?" An invisible eyebrow raised ever so slightly, "Why have you become so selfish with your feelings? You know Clara loves and cares for you. Her mind is so open to me. She is lost and confused." A short pause and the room felt heavy. The image was staring at him, then finally said, "When she finds out, she will leave. She has her own free will."

The Doctor stayed silent. "Do you think she will forgive you?" The TARDIS pressed on, before finally becoming the form of Clara. Her dark brown curls just barely touching her shoulders. Even if the hologram had no scent, he could imagine the different scents she would have from the product in her hair. The hologram looked so real, the Doctor felt as though he could touch it, but he held himself back.