Chapter 9 - One Day

Depuis le début

"Ugh, what's so funny." A snobby voice interrupted their hearty conversation. "Like, last time I checked, your mom was dying." 

Sabrina whipped her head around to see Hiba, aka Mean Green Eyes.She couldn't believe that the girl had just said what she just said. Like, woah, does she have a heart? Her eyes peirced into Leila's, a smrike plastered on her face. She was wearing a tight red top with a white skinny jeans with a bunch of holes in the. How classy, Sabrina thought, sarcastically. Leila hissed at her and told her to screw off. 

"Go bite someone's else's head off, because I'm feeling quite constipated, today. In other words: I don't give a crap." Leila snapped.

Sabrina and Emaan glanced at each other in surprise and even Hiba looked slightly taken aback. She quickly covered it up with a scoff and turned to her friends.

"Ohh, touchy much?" She said, and her friends laughed at her lame joke.

"Oh shut up, Hiba. Dont you have better things to do?" Sabrina interrupted, scowling at Hiba.

"Oh, look its Sabrina." Hiba said, mockingly, spitting out her name like it was acid. "Still chasing after Khalid, are we?" 

Sabrina smirked at her. Nope, not at all. I already have him.

"Lets get something straight shall we?" She went on, stepping in front of her and poking her chest. "He's not yours and he never will be yours. In fact, the chances of you getting Khalid are...right over there." She said, pointing at the ground, to indicate how low they were.

Sabrina gave a mock gasp and made a show of sweeping her gaze over the ground and if she was searching for something. She squinted as her eyes stopped on a tiny pebble a few feet away.

"Hmm, cant find it. But if you look over there you can see your dignity and sense of self respect." Sabrina, said sweetly.

Emaan and Leila burst into laughter. Hiba blinked before growling and opened her mouth to say something, when a deep, familiar voice interrupted her.

"Now, now, Hiba. Leave my fiancee alone."

Sabrina hid a smile as she watched the color drain out of Hiba's face. She looked over to see Khalid who was wearing a fitting, sleeveless suit over a tight white shirt. His hands were in his pockets and he was glaring dangerously at Hiba who was slowly turning around to face him.

"Fiancee?" She squeaked, her voice breaking.

"Eh, soon to be." He admitted, with a shrug.

Sabrina could see Hiba's shoulders shaking and she started to pity her. Khalid also seemed to realize the affect the revelation was having on the poor girl and he awkwardly looked away and scratched his neck, his arm muscles flexing beneath his shirt. Sabrina, once again, found it hard to believe that she was marrying the guy. 

"I cannot believe you're marrying her." Hiba snapped, enraged.

"Me either." He smiled, but he said it with awe in his voice and he looked over Hiba's shoulder and winked at Sabrina, who blushed.

Hiba made a noise of anger, and spun around, shoving past Leila and Emaan, while shooting a look of envy and hatred at Sabrina. Sabrina winced at the ferocity of her gaze and glanced at Khalid with worry in her eyes. She was thinking about the verbal whooping he would get later on from Hiba, about her. Khalid misinterpreted the worry in her eyes and gave her a reassuring smile.

"If she bothers you again, let me know." He said and with that, he nodded and walked past her.

"Wow, Khalid to the rescue." Leila whistled.

"Did you see Hiba's face. And that wink!" Emaan gushed.

"Shut up." Sabrina laughed, swatting her friends playfully. "C'mon, we have class."

* * * 

Sabrina sighed as she shoved a couple of textbooks in her bag and eyed her professor evilly for assigning a huge assignment. IM GETTIN ENGAGED SOON. LAY OFF THE WORK PLEASE! She shouted mentally as she passed him and wondered how in the world she would focus on school when she had a guy like Khalid for a husband. But that wouldn't be for awhile now, as the wedding would be next year...but still.

She was busy ranting in her head when she saw Emaan rush towards her, her eyes wide and fearful. She grabbed her arm and pulled her down the hall and into a nearby bathroom.

 "What-" Sabrina started, but her words died in her throat as she saw Leila kneeling over the sink, her mascara running down her face. 

Sabrina walked over shakily and saw her best friend crying, her shoulders heaving. Leila clutched her chest while she sobbed. Sabrina placed a hand on her back, her mind whirling. Oh no, oh no..

"Lee, what happened?" She asked, fearing the reply.

Leila couldn't answer at first, but she looked up and her eyes were so broken and scared that Sabrina's heart skipped a beat. Leila's voice was scratchy when she finally managed to form words.

"You said He'd listen to me. I asked Him to make her better. Well He didn't! She's dead!"

Sabrina let her tears fall. "I'm sorry, Leila. I'm so sorry. But He did listen to you. He did make her better. He put her out of her misery, didn't He? She's with Him now."

"But.." Leila spluttered. "I want to be with her! I was never there for her and now that she's gone...I ..I just want to be with her." Leila sobbed.

"One day you will, Lee. One day you will." Sabrina whispered.

__________________________________________________________

I'M SO SORRY. I KNOW A LOT OF YOU DIDN'T WANT HER MOM TO DIE BUT I SWEAR THERE'S A REASON FOR THIS AND I'M SORRY.

Vote? Comment? Don't hurt me?