Revelation

"Whiz, have you made any progress on getting our long range coms up?" Ghost yelled through his communicator as he hid behind his ship.

Commando droids had invaded the other side of the planet, keeping the Squad busy. Rain tapped against the soldiers' armour as Beta Squad struggled individually. They were all about three-hundred yards away from each other, except for Whiz and Ram, who were able to quickly meet up. In a surprise attack, the commando droids had destroyed nearly all of the team's ship engines and attempted to kill them off.

Whiz had taken strands of wire from Ram's ship and worked them together with a small device, "I'm still working on it, General!"

"Well work faster, Trooper!" Ghost fired his rifle from behind his TIE wing, taking out one of several droids nearing him. He rolled through the wet grass from behind cover, getting headshots on the last two that were incoming. "What's everyone's status?"

"Still working on getting my ship running," Banshee replied. He had panels on the side of his ship open as he worked, using spare parts from the broken droids around him.

"My ship is functional, but I don't know how much good it'll do. I'm still under heavy fire," Ajax said, grabbing a commando droid that had gotten too close. He wrapped his arm around its head and yanked, the metal body falling to the ground in sparks. The Trooper tossed it's head to the side, prepping a grenade and throwing it into a group of the enemies. Mechanical limbs flew through the air, but several still stood and moved to his position.

"Making my way towards you, General," Willow reported, brushing away some foliage and quietly lurking through the forest. Water flicked into the air as the leaves he walked through flung back to their original position, the soldier keeping low to the ground.

Ghost took out his binoculars and looked to the sky, making out a large droid supply ship from behind the thick clouds. Bright white ports from the object acted as spotlights in the dim sky. The Captain cursed under his breath, watching another small craft take off from the ship and head their direction. In the distance, shots and yells could be heard coming from the reinforcement barracks. The white and purple painted Trooper took a rocket launcher from his ship and set it up, firing a shot at the incoming enemy ship. As he watched the figure explode, he went back to his transmitter, "If Ram is with Whiz, where's Beau?"

A whispered voice came over the coms, "I'm doing my job."

With his ship in pieces and up in flames, Beau had made his way on top of a nearby hill and laid quietly on the ground under some bushes. There were five commando droids beneath him, and he carefully looked through his sniper scope, taking aim. The air was still, raindrops trickling down the Trooper's face. The droids croaked at each other, searching the TIE wreckage for any sign of a body. With one pull of the trigger, two droids went down. The remaining turned their heads and immediately began firing. Beau got up, running to the side and shooting down at them. With quick precision, they all collapsed with no more than three shots. Beau huffed, searching his surroundings for any more.

"I think I've got them all," Beau relayed.

Ghost sighed in relief, "Make your way to Ajax, then. I don't want a single one of you out in the open alone."

"Yes, General. I'll head that way." The Trooper replied, carefully jumping down the ledges of the cliff he'd scaled. He walked over to his decimated ship, checking for any leftover equipment. He looked over his shoulder every few moments, feeling something was off. Turning around, he lifted his sniper scope to his eye. "General, I think I might be delayed, don't think I got 'em all."

"Watch your back, Trooper, don't get caught off guard."

"Wait," Beau said, zooming in on a specific spot through thick bunches of leaves. He could just barely make out the yellow lit eyes of a commando droid, aiming his weapon between the soldier's eyes. "Clever-"