Disturbance in the Force

Jumper and Apollo, followed by Alpha Squad, met with Grey as she landed her Fighter. After powering the ship down, their leader emerged holding her shoulder and slouching a bit from pain. The orange and black striped Trooper hurried over and removed her helmet, carrying it for her.

"You didn't look in such bad condition during our transmission," Jumper said, furrowing his brow.

"Thanks for the compliment," Grey replied.

"Let's get you examined immediately. I think you spend more time in the med bay than you do anywhere else."

She rolled her eyes, "Maybe I should be going off on more missions then, rather than coming back home. I'd get out more."

"As if I'd let you stay away for too long. Apollo and I couldn't run this place alone."

"That the only reason you'd miss me?"

"Is that a trick question?"

Grey pushed his side with her good arm, "Now then, Alpha Squad, thanks for protecting the place while I was gone."

While the rest saluted, Baby took off his helmet with a worried face, "Pack Leader, are you going to be alright?"

She stopped and ruffled his short black hair, "You should never worry about me, there's a reason I came back from a trip that put me against a Sith. I'm tougher than I look. Speaking of which," Grey said turning to Jumper and holding her shoulder again, "help Link grab the info from my ship while I go see if my arm is shattered."

"Can't Apollo do it?"

"Oh, good point. You know my ship better than he does. But, take him along so he can start learning how to do these things."

"I'm beginning to think you just don't want me around," he sighed, giving her helmet to her.

"Maybe its just because I trust you more than anyone else."

With a small grin, Jumper and Apollo left to get Link and collect the data. The rest escorted Grey home, filling her in on anything that occurred while she was gone; being mostly arguments between Alpha Squad and the 819 with nothing but silence from off world. Grey sat down as a medic examined her, having a bot help with x-rays. She dismissed her squad and looked around the white room, flinching slightly when being poked at.

The red and white painted Stormtrooper looked at a small computer, "You've got a fracture on that shoulder and some bad bruises, but that's about it. Nothing out of the ordinary for you."

"How long will I be out of commission?"

The Trooper laughed, "Realistically, six weeks. Knowing you, maybe a day."

"You know me so well. That's just too long for me to not do anything."

"Well, as usual, I'll wrap you up the best I can and wait for you to come back in a few days with something new."

"Someone has to keep you busy, Carter."

"You're certainly good at it, Sir."

Once Grey was properly taken care of, a casted arm and small bandages plastered around her body, she made her way to check on the rest of her troops. Falcon was standing watch over some men who were training near the barracks. Grey walked up next to him, observing the Troopers running a course and shooting red targets painted on trees.

Falcon looked to his leader, "Still always getting into trouble."

"What fun would life be, otherwise. How are the boys doing?"

"So far, everyone is getting better with practice. Our men shoot better than the kids they've got in that Separatist army, that's for sure. Only one Trooper has been having trouble, but... Its understandable."