Chapter 26

Sunni returned to his room as he wipes off his bleeding nose. Being treated like such from Taizan hurt him more than he imagined it would be. Why Taizan would act such way?

Did he saw Sunni’s thought of Armand? Did he hear that Sunni was longing for the man? It shouldn’t matter, Sunni thought. Armand have disappeared for the longest time from his life.

And the wedding.

Sunni sigh in despair as his head went around thinking of ways to avoid the wedding ceremony. He knows very well that he wouldn’t stand it. It’s either he would be crying in his rooms or miserably watch Taizan and Cerena exchange vows and promises. 

His heart would just not bear such abuse.

Regardless of what will happen in the future, Sunni take this chance to retreat to the kitchen area where he would meet all of his friend and by all means, Darius.

They could only seldom see each other and this is a fair chance for him to meet up with the man and talk.

A smile appears out of Sunni’s corner lip when thinking about Darius. Darius now is like a psychic. He knows everything and anything. All kind of news of the century or even the flaming issues the castle hold, it’s all on the tip of his tongue.

He talks about it is what worried Sunni. He might get into trouble if he is not careful enough with his word.

Sunni look into the mirror and wipes the remaining blood. As he is set to depart, he slowly makes his way towards the kitchen ground, avoiding anyone on his way. He didn’t want anyone knowing he is there. News spread like the wind of the east in the castle.

Once arrived, his eyes search for Darius as later on he could see the man sitting on the stool, drinking. Darius is now one of the head, responsible for the meals of the guards.

Sunni thought it’d be wise for him to ask the king to promote Darius to a higher level for the man have been nothing but helpful to him back in the days.

Darius eyes caught sight of Sunni and with a bright smile, he stand from the stool and walk towards his dear friend.

“Sunni…how are you?” Giving him a big hug once he arrived in front of the man.

“I’ve been better.”

They rejoice in each other arms and embrace their friendship in hope it will last for eternity.

“I’ve miss you.” Sunni told Darius. His honest heart was dying to speak of his longing.

“Like wise my friend. So, tell me…how is it that you’re living your life nowadays?” Darius gestures Sunni towards an empty chair beside him.

They both sat for a while and speak of each owned life. They spoke as if it is their last meeting being with another and laugh in unison on Darius jokes that seem to heal Sunni’s heart pieces by pieces, or so he thought.

Hours gone by since and neither of them realized how far gone into time they are until one of the kitchen servant, Malik come to greet Darius with the news that a stranger have come to meet with him.

Sunni requested to retreat to his duty but there were something that has pulled Darius to not let Sunni do such thing. So he asks the man to accompany him meeting this so said stranger.

Sunni contemplated on saying no so he agreed at last, sensing that it might be something important of Darius, though he had no reason to know.

Darius agrees on meeting the stranger so Malik brought the young boy in.