Chapter 18

🔱Taizan's crown🔱 

           It was getting obvious that Sunni felt different about the castle. The kingdom was too big for his liking and there were so many things that he had to do for the king. Talked to him, dressed him and even ate with him. He began to question his own identity at one point as to why he was there. What he was doing with his life.

He missed the children at the orphans as he misses talking with his friends at the kitchen. Every time Taizan had fallen asleep, he would rush his way to the barn where all the slaves are and just find his way there. He talked, laugh, and smile with his friends. He did not feel left out at all. He can be whoever he wishes to be and say whatever it is that he needed to say. Sadly, things were not like that when he is with the king. He wish he could,  because most of his time is spent with the man. But there was just something about the king's behavior towards him that bothered him as much. 

The king always wanted him close, one step behind. He would always noticed the way the king looked at him. His majesty eyes showed such depth that it was never right for a king to look at someone such way. Someone like him at least. But he dismissed all those doubts for the king should never be accused of such things.

As Sunni was looking at the ground in blank mind, Taizan speak up.

"What is it?" His voice demand authority. One of the things that irk Sunni for how can the king not talk with kindness instead of sounding like he is angry all the time.

"Yes your highnes?"

"Something is bothering your thoughts and the look on your face shows it all." Taizan rest against his dining chair and look at Sunni.

"Nothing that should be any of your concern sire."

"My concern or not, I will decide on that."

Sunni take a second look at the king and figures that he should just speak the truth. Nevertheless, he could get something out of it or nothing at all.

"It's just that...I missed them your highness."

"Who?"

"The children...back at the orphans."

"Orphans?" It occurred to Taizan that he never really knows where Sunni comes from and that fact burden his heart more than he cared to know.

"It is where I come from." Sunni hunch his shoulder in shyness.

Taizan nods his head in acknowledgement and proceed to continue his dining without another word spoken. As if Sunni's longing should never be a concern.

Sunni who were in high hopes face his disappointment and turn to look at the ground again. His heart might cry soon if he should continue thinking about it. So, he pulled in a deep breath and strain the tears that were threatened to fall. He knows that this is exactly how the king would react but somehow he still stupidly put hopes. No one is to blamed but himself.

But tears were already falling down his cheeks for he cannot hold back the feelings. It was too much to bear. So he secretly wipes the tears before the king could notice anything.

But Taizan saw it all. The tears, the disappointment and all that hope turn down. He wanted to surprised Sunni and gave him permission to go back home or maybe he could come with but he could see there should be no delaying as Sunni looks like he is being torn apart.

And he hated it. That kind of weakness... tears. They can never do you any good. He can never let his people be so weak and he dispised that Sunni is. He would definitely need to strengthen the boy.